Moving Baskets

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

Moving Baskets

Postby The Mayor » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:41 am

This is a just a thought on moving baskets.We have a popular course that is used by players of all levels.We also so have one of the biggest clubs anywhere .The pace of play on weekends is brutal. One big reason is basket placement.Hole 5 and 12 should rarely be in the C position. Those two holes can backup the course beyond repair.We need to move the baskets to more traffic friendly locations on weekends.There's an issue about to many keys floating around,I don't have a problem with that if the baskets are getting moved.I can't remember any problems with missing baskets, Plus we have enough people more than willing to move baskets regularly. There are at least 3 pin locations for each hole, let's start using them. Who does'nt get excited when the baskets are moved? My opinion is we set a schedule for moving the baskets and move them, simple.What do you think?
The Mayor
Forum Noob

Re: Moving Baskets

Postby crosstoby » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:22 am

A reply to Mr. Mayor:

I have a key, and any time anyone wants to move a basket, generally they have only to ask me and I'll either do it myself or we can walk over and do it together. Best way: If we are playing a round together we can move the basket after we play the hole.

I'm on the course pretty often. I don't mind moving baskets to improve pace of play or to change things up!

JT
crosstoby
President

Postby dantarango » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:51 pm

JT, I agree with this so called 'Mayor'. 5 and 12 do cause back ups, I've never been in one cause I start early. But a schedule can't be done since the TD has discretion, each sunday.
Lefty Love
dantarango
NorCal Champ

Postby woshichun » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:35 pm

dantarango wrote:JT, I agree with this so called 'Mayor'. 5 and 12 do cause back ups, I've never been in one cause I start early. But a schedule can't be done since the TD has discretion, each sunday.

yeah !Mayor says right !
woshichun
Forum Noob

Postby zz » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:14 am

organized basket placements with scheduled moves once a week ala Morley would be wonderful.
zz
Helluva Human

Return to General Disc-ussion