Opening Day Committee

Club events such as meetings, parties, fundraising events, tournaments, etc.

Postby Fareed Rayyis » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:50 pm

I'd like to help out in any way I can. I am in the food and wine business (wholesale) and can help get almost anything at cost. Also, I can help in any other way. I'll poke around for gift certificate donations too. For sure i can donate a case of wine.
Fareed Rayyis
Forum Noob

Postby Q » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:32 pm

Fareed Rayyis wrote:I'd like to help out in any way I can. I am in the food and wine business (wholesale) and can help get almost anything at cost. Also, I can help in any other way. I'll poke around for gift certificate donations too. For sure i can donate a case of wine.

Fareed: That's fantastic! Gift certificates to restaurants would be great to have. Something in the $25 - $50 range would be perfect for our needs/target market.

I'll get on an example letter to take with you/send to potential donors in the next couple of days.
Greg - Q -
Club Founder
"I went to play golf and tried to shoot my age, and shot my weight instead." - Bob Hope
Q
Decent Individual

Postby Fareed Rayyis » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:30 am

sounds good. i'll do what i can. email me at yafareed@hotmail.com.
Fareed Rayyis
Forum Noob

Opening Day Weekend | Call for Raffle Donations

Postby Q » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:19 pm

Howdy,

Opening Day of the Golden Gate Disc Golf Course is going to be a weekend-long event on March 31/April 1, 2007. The ceremonial "first putt"
and speeches will take place on Saturday followed by a BBQ & doubles tournament, and the first Raffle Draw and first weekly on the new full 18-hole course will take place on Sunday, 4/1/07.

Every 8 hours a volunteer has worked to help build the course has earned them a free disc (or towel or t-shirt), as well as a raffle ticket for the opening weekend raffle. We'll have a Mach III portable basket to raffle off, and we are looking for other great prizes as well.

We are looking for new or extremely collectible discs and frisbees, as well as gift certificates to restaurants, sporting goods stores, hotels, bnb's etc. If you can help contribute to the raffle, please contact me off-list to discuss.

If you have been amassing a large collection of "wall hanger" discs, now might be the time to part with some of them. To personally thank the volunteers who have made this course a reality I will be donating: 2005 USDGC Candy Roc(178g), a 2000 Safari Rhyno (175g), a 2000 NorCal/SoCal Championships T-Bird (174g), and a 1999 Par Infinity Comet (174g). If you've got anything you'd like to donate, please let us know ASAP: we'd like to collect and inventory before the day-of so we can adequately thank donors.

Looking forward to celebrating the grand opening of this course in style with all of you soon!

Stoked,
Greg - Q -
Club Founder
"I went to play golf and tried to shoot my age, and shot my weight instead." - Bob Hope
Q
Decent Individual

Postby safari_brian » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:43 pm

I have some Safari Disc Gear tees I can donate. I can probably provide around 10 or so of them. Just let me know ...

Brian.
safari_brian
(throws minis)

Postby cowtipn » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:31 am

Would you like me to bring out the Minnies Grill for the event. It is about 4 x 2 feet and I can provide charcole and grill assistance for it. If you would like the help from when to when would you need it.
cowtipn
Decent Individual

raffle

Postby mat » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:17 pm

Dear someone
I can probably get a small bar tab for Kilowat as a raffle prize. if so, can they get mentioned at the openning day party?
mat
Forum Noob

Previous

Return to SFDGC Club Events