Hacksaw Happy

This is the place to veiw upcoming work parties and report maintenance issues that need to be fixed on the course.

Hacksaw Happy

Postby todd » Fri May 13, 2011 10:39 am

Over the last few months and in particular the last couple of weeks, I've noticed some manicuring of bushes and trees around the course. I think this is great. The club certainly encourages and appreciates golfers taking care of their beloved course. So thank you to whomever is trimming.

However, I would like to point out that there is good trimming and bad trimming. I've seen examples of both out there.

Good = trimming limbs and bushes that are blocking pathways and tee pads.

Bad = trimming limbs and bushes around the greens and excessive clearing of the rough. This is considered altering the course. Which is not encouraged.

Why? I'm sure that I don't need to remind everybody that this course sees a lot of foot traffic. So when areas of the course are being cleared of foliage that would otherwise block discs and traffic, it then opens up these areas for further erosion. It is our responsibility to take care of the course and sustain its current state as much as possible, not speed it up.

I would ask that whomever is doing this, that if they have ideas regarding course maintenance to please come and see myself or JT.

Thanks,

Todd
If it ain't coffee, its beer!
todd
NorCal Champ

Return to Course Maintenance