Tree at the Putting Green

This is the place to veiw upcoming work parties and report maintenance issues that need to be fixed on the course.

Tree at the Putting Green

Postby todd » Fri May 13, 2011 10:12 am

I was at the putting green yesterday and noticed it was a little sunnier than normal. It wasn't too long before I realized that the low tree on the north side of the green was missing. This was a very healthy, uniquely shaped tree and I am sad that it is no longer there. It provided a nice obstacle for putting around and it was nice to look at. Trees fall onto trees all the time. But this one showed no signs of a natural cause. No limbs or indentations in the ground. In fact, I couldn't even find the tree. I would really hope that this is not vandalism. If it is I would hope that if any golfers saw this that they would stop it in its tracks.

Anyways, all that is left now is a very dangerous trunk that is in the shape a sharp point (roughly waist height). So, if any one reading this has some tools to take care the hazard that is now left at the putting green. Please get in touch with me or just take care of it.

Much appreciated.
If it ain't coffee, its beer!
todd
NorCal Champ

Re: Tree at the Putting Green

Postby todd » Sat May 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Killer stump has been tamed.
If it ain't coffee, its beer!
todd
NorCal Champ

Return to Course Maintenance