On Saturday, December 4th, the SFDGC will be hosting
a work party to take care of our beloved disc golf course.
If you can volunteer your time on this day please come on
out and join us. We'll be meeting at 8am at Tee #1.
Course will be closed. Lunch will be provided.
We'll also need someone at hole #1 doing some
outreach and disc sales. In past this has been
neglected. We need 1 or 2 people to step up and
commit to this, please. It'll hopefully round up some
more volunteers, keep people off the course and
generate some $$$ for the club while spreading
the good word about DG in SF.
Working list of to dos (not expected to do all of this in one day):
- raking and seeding fairways (TBD)
- need to fix the net on Tee 11
- erosion control (see Todd about this)
- - hillside on 5's fairway needs to be reorganized
- - hillside between 11's tee and 12's tee needs
work, something to keep folks from taking the shortcut.
- - 12's hillside on the right.
- fairway design improvements (see Todd about this)
- - the "hip" on 7's fairway needs to be built up with obstacles.
- - the right side of 9b before the office, needs a smaller version
of "Jeffrica" to protect the tree and bring this hole back to
its originally intended design.
- tee signs
- - 5 needs a new cover
- - 16 needs a new cover and dial