King of the Lake: June 25-27

This is a forum to discuss upcoming PDGA tournaments that SFDGC members may be interested in. This is the place to discuss all things related to PDGA/NorCal tournaments.

King of the Lake: June 25-27

Postby dantarango » Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 pm

I have a campsite near Bijou. It takes 6 people. 3 are set with Me, Chris Pescatello, Brad Hoover. 3 spots left, if you want one let me know.

Welcome to the King of the Lake 2010 website. The "King of the Lake" has made a few changes over the years since 2003 when I first put on this tournament here in Tahoe. The first 5 years it was a 1 day event playing on 3 different courses (Truckee, Zephyr Cove, Bijou in that order) around Lake Tahoe, finishing around 10pm one year shortly after Avery Jenkins Aced hole 27 at Bijou in the dark. The last 2 years I turned it into 4 courses in 2 days event , after Craig Getty designed and got in, with alot of help from North Shore residents, the course in Tahoe Vista. Now with another "Getty" designed course (actually Craig Getty has either designed or redesigned all 5 courses being used for this tournament) at the Turtle Rock Park in Markleville, Calif., the "King" is now a 3 day event on 5 different courses in 2 states. Friday and Saturday will utilize 2 courses each day. While the Pros (and Adv. masters) are on 1 course the rest of the Am fields will be on the other course. Then on Sunday everyone will come together at Bijou for a final round of at least 27 holes (30 holes if max'd out at 150 total players). Awards and a raffle will be held in tandom at Bijou shortly after results are in. For those of you interested in playing but are unfamiliar with our courses here is a little rundown. Truckee has cement T-box's, 18 discatchers, fairly even terrain, lots of Pines, Truckee River views, volcanic landscape. Tahoe Vista and Zephyr Cove both have rubber mats, with 18 Discatchers, lots of Pine, tighter fairways, elevation changes on both courses, with spectacular views of Lake Tahoe on the upper holes, especially at Z.C. The newbie course at Turtle Rock also has 18 Discatchers, with cement pads, moderate elevation changes, lots of Pines, fairly tight fairways with great views of the surrounding mountains, and a bunch of par 4 holes. The Final course at Bijou has 27 Discatchers with rubber mats. Lots of Pines, lot of tight fairways, some short, most will be long, or Dog-leg style, very little elevation changes, also some good views of the mountains. A minimum of $2500.00 will be added to the Pro purse. Special Players package. The famous "Dragon" trophies will be given out again this year to the top 3 in each division. Also the overall winner "King" will receive a special glass blown Dragon Trophy, given to the lowest score, ALL divisions are eligible to be "King". Information on camping or some of the local accomadations will be listed on another page here. Am prizes will once again be Discraft and Innova Yin-Yang Dragon custom prints. Big raffle on Sunday with the awards. So bring your lunch's, your best game, some beat up Disc's to use for Anhysers in elevation of 6500 feet, a tank full of gas ( about 30 min. drive on Friday between courses, then about 45 min. on Sat.) and a buddy or Two, and I'll give you my version of how the West Coast World's could be like, plus alot of fun in one of the most beautiful places you'll ever see. Discerely Yours Russ Wey
Lefty Love
dantarango
NorCal Champ

Re: King of the Lake: June 25-27

Postby doublejack » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:34 am

It looks like my ride to Tahoe fell through. If anyone can help a brother out, lemme know.

I'm trying to make it so I can leave Thursday morning, but may not be able to leave until Thursday after work.

If you want to offset your gas costs or whatever, give me a shout. Thanks.
Last edited by doublejack on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well done is better than well said. - Ben Franklin
doublejack
NorCal Champ

Re: King of the Lake: June 25-27

Postby BHoove » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:23 pm

I posted pictures from the Tourney this year on Picasa. Tarango did his best to get pics of everyone representing SFDG on Sunday. I especially like the picture of Patrick Brown's jump putt and the campsite feast we finished making around 10:30 on Saturday night.

Can't wait till next year!

http://picasaweb.google.com/110390311524064607460/KingoftheLake2010#

Paste the above link into your browser to view the gallery. I don't facebook. If you would like the original 12megapixel version of any photo email me and I will do my best to accommodate.

hoover_brad@hotmail.com

-Brad
BHoove
Forum Noob

Return to PDGA Tournaments