Update on Mergz

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

Update on Mergz

Postby Mergz » Mon May 24, 2010 9:22 pm

Hey folks,

I played the Maple Hill open on Sunday, in Am2, and placed 13th, 1st time cashing. I got $15.00 in Maple Monies towards discs or rounds. I used it for a disc (170 FLX Predator). I was surprised they cashed that deep. Near the basket on Hole 4 was a pile of Vibram putters for each group's CTP, and I got it. I threw my relatively new pink Challenger straight through the narrow gap between the clump of trees in front of the tee, down it went, straight, and it landed right under the basket. If all that wasn't enough, I got three back from the Lost & Found. Any day you leave Maple Hill with more discs than with which you arrived, is indeed a great day. Thanks to Peter Black, who, during our round at MH, gave some tips and advice that came in very handy, like throwing a putter straight down the hill on hole 4.

Comic Relief: During the first round, 2 upshots in a row went OB 2wice on Hole 18 and on hole 4, I was aiming for the white basket the hole time, even though we were playing the red course. But I had enough birdies in both rounds to save my game.

Overall I'm very happy with my performance and I have to say, I'm really fired up. I played this morning before work, on my lunch break, and spent about an hour and half straight this evening just putting in my yard, trying to figure out why my straddle putts kept going high and wide left in the tourney. I think I've got the motion now. Having done well in a tournament, just makes me want to play more tournaments and improve my game.

Cheers,

Chris "Mergz" Mergemekes
Mergz
Decent Individual

Re: Update on Mergz

Postby Orion » Tue May 25, 2010 9:00 am

Keep it going Mergz and look to place higher in the next event if you keep up with the hours of putting in your yard. I hope one of those SFDGC discs rings the basket for you one of these days, tell then that's how they do it in Cali.

Support form the SFDGC
Orion
Nebula

Re: Update on Mergz

Postby Mergz » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:23 pm

Orion wrote:Keep it going Mergz and look to place higher in the next event if you keep up with the hours of putting in your yard.

I did just that O. I placed 8th at the Borderland Spring Fling, yesterday. It's a really nice course, by the way.

Orion wrote:I hope one of those SFDGC discs rings the basket for you one of these days, tell then that's how they do it in Cali.

- I used that awesome Destroyer, with the bag tag stamp, for almost every drive, and I almost got the CTP (2 feet away, literally) but was beat. Ah well. Most birdies I've ever had in a day of golf.
Mergz
Decent Individual

Return to General Disc-ussion