SFDGC WORK PARTY 02.13.10 - 8:00 am to 1:00 pm

Club events such as meetings, parties, fundraising events, tournaments, etc.

SFDGC WORK PARTY 02.13.10 - 8:00 am to 1:00 pm

Postby Orion » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:09 am

SFDGC Work Party 02.13.10 – 8:00 am to 1:00 pm

We are going to have an open house for our friends of McLaren Park to come learn, watch and listen to how a disc golf course operates in Golden Gate Park. We want to make the course shine during this open house.

Anyone can come participate in the Work Party; club members are encouraged to participate in these work parties, as we are all volunteers helping to support disc golf in San Francisco. A little can go a long way if you can make it. You can help spread some chips along the paths and pin locations. Lots of fallen debris needs to be collected and used in areas where new erosion has occurred from the recent storms. Garbage needs to be collected on every hole and the wooden boxes need to be cleaned out or removed. Due to the fact that our course is getting used by hundreds of people every week, there is a lot of general maintenance that needs to be done. So please bring a friend, a good attitude and some muscle to help improve the course we all love to play on.

In addition to the above, the key areas we will be focusing on for this party are: replacing broken nets on a few of the holes and removing broken tree protection stumps.

The Work Party’s will be lead by Work Party Managers, listed below. Some of the managers will be out on the course early up at the box on 14 to discuss the plan for the day. Please find one of these guys and ask how you can help. If you cannot make it until mid morning, please find one of the crews on the course for an assignment. If you have gloves and a water bottle, bring them with you.

Jeffery Bowling
Scott Snyder
Becky Terril
Rob Buyers
Pat Walsh
Les Swift
Todd Kurnat
Orion Sylvester
Patrick Brown
Peter Black
Mike Ridley
Steve Archelatta

We need more members to help build McLaren. Please contact Orion at orion@orionskitchen.com if you would like to be a part of this growing list of volunteers bringing more disc golf to San Francisco.

Thanks,
SFDGC
[color=#BF0000][/color]
Orion
Nebula

Re: SFDGC WORK PARTY 02.13.10 - 8:00 am to 1:00 pm

Postby Orion » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:45 pm

There will be some special discs available to folks who show up for the work party. The club has gotten some of the CFR Katanas for the pro masters event. They are champion plastic and are selling for $20. We also have the protostar edition of the Katanas as well, get them while they last. Steve Archelatta is going to be holding the plastic all day at the work party, so find him if you are up for supporting the club buy buying some special plastic.

Thanks,
SFDGC
Orion
Nebula

Postby Orion » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:39 pm

I heard that O was bringing BD doughnuts out to the course for the work party? save me a maple old fashion!

Hey everyone please come out this saturday and help us make the course shine a bit for our open house. This is a great time to give a little back to the course we all love.

If you would like to stick around and play a round in the open house let me know, we are looking to have a good group at the open house to represent the club in a ambassador like manner.

Thanks,
SFDGC
Orion
Nebula

Postby 7doubleP » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:19 pm

Please be advised that I was looking forward to the work party on Saturday, but just found out now, that I'm leaving right away and will be out of town. I'm sorry to be missing this special day. Thanks for all the work all of you do!
Ron S.
7doubleP
Forum Noob

Postby Orion » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:44 pm

What a huge success the WP was, the course looked so great for the open house, the folks that came to visit we very impressed.

Thanks to all our members who came out and pitched in. It is a good feeling when you play the course and look around and feel all the hard work that went into making our course shine!

Much respect to those of you who came out on Saturday!

O
Orion
Nebula

Postby todd » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:47 am

The course looks great!

Thanks to all that helped out on Saturday.

Loved the attention to detail, ie. the stairs that were dug out, the large stumps that were moved to tee pads
for seating and raking the leaves to extend the pathways.

Also, a hat tip to whoever created the grassy areas around the practice basket. I saw that a week or two
ago and have been meaning to send out my appreciation.

Good work ya'll!
If it ain't coffee, its beer!
todd
NorCal Champ

Return to SFDGC Club Events