Peninsula Course Update

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

Peninsula Course Update

Postby Stick » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:29 pm

Peter and I had our second meeting of the month with the Parks Dept. today. The first meeting we had a little miscommunication on the meeting date and time so we only got to talk to a lady who the Parks Director wanted us to meet anyway. She thought the idea was great and met with the P.D. to discuss disc golf.
Today we met with the P.D. Mr. David Holland. Things went better than we expected. They thought our proposal was great and better than any other groups they deal with. The parks dept. is going to move ahead with what they need to do to get this going, (gov't paperwwork). And we need to get our diagrams of baskets, tee pads, signs, etc. together for a formal presentation. He wants to get us on the agenda for the April parks commission meeting. He even suggested we bring a basket to the meeting so the commissioners can make a throw or two during break. It may be a good idea to have a number of golfers there, especially if you live in San Mateo county.
It's probaly time to seriously start looking for funds. I know we've heard from a number of people about donations, but we will need more. So start talking with your friends about teaming up to sponsor a hole.
One last thing, a little quote from the parks director as we were getting ready to leave,"I think you guys will have your first tournament at the begining of June"
We'll keep everyone posted.
Stick
NorCal Champ

Re: Peninsula Course Update

Postby joegraham » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:50 am

Awesome! Let's go that meeting in force. How about giving a bunch of club stamped discs to the board members at the meeting? Then they can play the course too! :mrgreen:
bang da chains
joegraham
Helluva Human

Postby Stick » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:11 pm

I don't know if they can accept gifts.
Stick
NorCal Champ

Postby joegraham » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Polititicions not accept gifts? Since when? I think anything under $25 is not reportable as contributions. Just thought a goodwill gesture to also show we are well organized and have some resources. Thanks.
bang da chains
joegraham
Helluva Human

Postby pepe » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:33 pm

I love it Joe. We even have a disc design picked out:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/13854/13854-h/images/image-032-1.jpg
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby pepe » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:47 pm

or this one: http://www.wlra.us/hb/hbjuniperoserra.jpg

Photoshop out the chick, put a disc in his hand and he's putting.

:mrgreen:
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby ben » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:51 am

ben
Decent Individual

Postby Orion » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:11 am

RAD ben! hey might need to get you involved in the art department for the next hot stamp.

FYI to all FLINGERS this new course The Flight Deck" or "Dream Spot" or "Landing Zone" is going to be AWESOME. So everyone please get some rest now because Pepe and Stick are going to need your help to build this next great DG course in the Bay Area.

If you have not gone to check out this new location, take 30 minutes and peep that park, you will be hooked!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/junipero-serra-park-san-bruno

Signed,
Someone who just got hooked on Junipero Serra!
Orion
Nebula

Return to General Disc-ussion