How to keep the #1 tag in play all year.

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

How to keep the #1 tag in play all year.

Postby Stick » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:52 am

I have always believed that a tag should only be played at the course it comes from. I went against my philosophy and played it at Pescadero, lost it and of course none of us have seen it since. ( Faes lost it at De-La, Breazeale at GGP)
I know that not everyone agrees with this philosophy but if it's only played at GGP it would stay in play. If I get it on Sunday, I'll give anyone in the group with, infront and behind me at every Sunday weekly a chance to win it as long as I have it. I challenge anyone else to do the same.
Playing it at GGP exclusively is the only way to keep it in play thru out the year. This will only work if a regular club member wins it. I hope one of us wins it.
Stick
NorCal Champ

Re: How to keep the #1 tag in play all year.

Postby Orion » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:22 am

I think that is a good idea in spirit but the plain truth is that if you are a disc golfer you travel to other courses and play with other golfers. If folks have the tags then you should play for them where ever and when ever. If a person can not hold up there end of the BT rules then they should not play in the BTC. That is how you you keep the #1 tag in play, leave out the sissies!

Oh and Stick, you will not be winning the #1 tag this year, I will be taking that one home and freezing it to be put on display for viewing twice a month to only certain people at different times. LOL

So itching to get this BTC started!
Orion
Nebula

Postby joe.moore » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:14 pm

Just a thought: what about playing the previous year's tag at a foreign course? Keeps the current year's tag in play at the local course, and adds the fun of spreading previous year's tags around to people from other courses. If you dig it, call a meeting of the Grand Disc Golf Cabal and vote it into the books.
joe.moore
Forum Noob

Postby todd » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:37 pm

These are all good ideas. I'm all for establishing some sort of rank and file
among the bag tag formula.

But in the end, it really comes down to the individual doing the right thing
by following these rules. And that is not something change so easily.
If it ain't coffee, its beer!
todd
NorCal Champ

Postby breazealeian » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:18 pm

I think the most important thing is that any player competing for the #1 tag should be someone that plays GGP regularly and is going to be willing to put it up EVERY TIME they are out at Golden Gate. At least one round for the day. THAT IS WHAT A TAG IS FOR! I I don't see anything wrong with playing for the tag at another course as long as the people challenging for it are people that play golden gate and are willing to defend the tag regularly after they win it. Believe me, I want to see that tag being played for all year long at the SF weekly. So, if I had the #1 tag, I would make sure the people challenging for it meet this criteria. If they don't, they don't deserve to challenge for it. What do you think Stick?

Greg B
Sometimes you just gotta throw that Gator!
breazealeian
Helluva Human

Postby Stick » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:48 pm

I think that's a good idea. I also think there should be two #1 tags printed. One for playing and one forthe winner of the BTC to keep as a trophy.
Stick
NorCal Champ

Postby breazealeian » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:08 pm

I think that is a really good idea. Maybe 1-3 should be made double so the top three players can keep their originals as trophies.
Sometimes you just gotta throw that Gator!
breazealeian
Helluva Human

Postby BeckyT » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:53 am

I also like the idea of printing up a trophy copy of the 1-3.
BeckyT
SFDGC Secretary / DBA

Postby snyderman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:57 am

How about doubles of 1-25?
snyderman
Ex Presidente

Postby Stick » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:59 pm

I thought asking for an extra #1 might be asking to mush.
Stick
NorCal Champ

Postby Orion » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:10 pm

Stick,

Folks just need to realize that it is just a tag, we will have new ones next year and new ones after that! Come on guys are you TWO? Mason shares better than some of you LADIES that keep your tags in your A**. Come on the idea of the BT is to have FUN and challenge yourself to have the lowest tag and to defend the lowest tag if you have it. The fact that I have some green tag from last year, #50 - 100, and it is signed by at least 25 dudes is RAD! I will be out there this sunday trying to get a lower tag than the one I did not deserve a the BTC. I will also have tags to those of you who covet the tag and were not able to play in the AWESOME BTC.

If you need a trophy go get into a bowling league! If you want to be a disc golfer, stop being a CHUMP and get out there and have fun and BANG THOSE CHAINS!

No offense to those of you who are not chumps or to the true ladies in our women's league!

Again if you have any questions please hollar at O if you want to get into the 2010 BTC.
Orion
Nebula

Postby Stick » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:21 pm

I'm not bitching about having to play my tag. Hell, I never back down from a challenge. I just thought it'd be nice for whoever wins to have a little trophy that's all. I don't need a momento of my 95.
Stick
NorCal Champ

Return to General Disc-ussion