Photos of the work

This is the place for all background information on the course construction, a list of material needs, a place to let us know what skills and contacts you can provide, and related discussion regarding the construction of the Golden Gate Park Disc Golf Course."

Photos of the work

Postby hrc333 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:05 am

We now have a new gallery with all the construction pictures.

http://www.sfdiscgolf.net/gallery2/

Here are some photos for the work. I will try and continue to post photos as we move forward. To post photos to the web, they need to already be on the internet. If you have some photos that you think should be included up here, and you have web hosting, feel free to post them. If you don't have web hosting, you can e-mail them to me and I will post them. -Jeffery

I am not sure of the exact count but we had to do over 30 bags of trash from the fairway for 12 alone. People did a great job of clear both the trash and the 'hobbit hole' homeless camp from this fairway.

Again from the fairway from hole 12. We had clear over 2 huge piles of brush off the fairway from 12. Luckily this is the only hole that involves a lot of clearing. Another crew cleared a massive amount of Ivy of trees on the fairway to 11 to give a great look from the tee.

Here is the retaining wall posts going in on hole 18. For those of you who did not make it out, we are going to have some very nice looking retainwalls to give us level tee pads and to prevent erosion. They are going to look incredible when they are completed.[/b]
Last edited by hrc333 on Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Postby hrc333 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:14 am

Here is a retaining wall on hole 8. This is one of the smaller walls.

Here is a retaining wall on hole 8 in the sunshine.

Volunteers resting on the sand pile. (I think these volunteers may have only come for the free lunch & bagels.)
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Postby hrc333 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:16 pm

Here are some photos from the Saturday work party on week 4.

Here is a retaining wall on hole 3.

Here is one of our biggest retaining walls. This is looking up the hill to the tee for 11.

The view from the new hole 15. The walls are in and this hole is shaping up to be one of the most scenic on the course.
Last edited by hrc333 on Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Postby hrc333 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:22 pm

Here is the view from the tee for hole 18. This still needs to be back filled.

A small portion of the work that has gone into hole 12. This will be an amazing tee but has required more than 3 days of solid work.

More work on hole 12.

Our beloved money man swinging the pick.
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Postby hrc333 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:32 pm

Week 4 saw an amazing lunch provided by Memphis Minnies. A huge thank you to them for stepping up and providing a great lunch.

Here is some of the crew enjoy our wonderful BBQ.
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Return to Course Construction