Tahoe Disc Recommendations Please!

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

Tahoe Disc Recommendations Please!

Postby brandonandre » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:22 am

Hi All,

I am throwing at a couple Tahoe courses soon and have heard discs act much more stable at higher elevations than at here at sea level.

Would knowledgeable folks please share perspectives as to what degree discs are more stable and maybe even share recommendations based on weight for someone that usually throws max weight discs?

Thank You!
brandonandre
Forum Noob

Re: Tahoe Disc Recommendations Please!

Postby uofc2003 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:12 pm

I played Kirkwood, Zephy and Bijou a few months back. I throw overstable discs both forehand and backhand. Kirkwood is a different animal. But Bijou and Zephyr were fine with moderately overstable discs. I still threw my beat in Destroyer, only at Bijou and Zephyr I wasn't worried about flipping it and having it land on Fulton St. Ultimately, you'll learn to compensate for the increased disc stability with more arm speed b/c there's not as large of a threat of yanking your disc right on the backhand.
uofc2003
(throws minis)

Postby breazealeian » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:28 pm

I would take extra plastic. Take some really beat up stuff that is too flippy for you in the bay. Also, lighter weight stuff works well also. I throw really overstable stuff down here with max weight and I definitely do not throw a max weight new star destroyer or champion boss up there. For big drives I use a beat up first run boss (super flippy in the bay) or a light destroyer. Bottom line, bring a bunch of plastic, take it out on the course with you and find out what works, then put the other stuff in your car and have fun. However, I found that my forehand drives were less effected than backhands. Could be the way I throw forehands, don't know. Tahoe courses are freakin great. Play Tahoe Vista if you can. It's my favorite out of all of them (haven't been to discwood).
Sometimes you just gotta throw that Gator!
breazealeian
Helluva Human

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:58 pm

It snowed there last weekend and there's a giant storm coming next week, just to throw that out there. RealFeel was like 15 degrees.
Tim
(hasn't paid for 2010 yet)

Return to General Disc-ussion