Sean Jack at the Vibram

This is a forum to discuss upcoming PDGA tournaments that SFDGC members may be interested in. This is the place to discuss all things related to PDGA/NorCal tournaments.

Sean Jack at the Vibram

Postby pepe » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 pm

pepe
NorCal Champ

Re: Sean Jack at the Vibram

Postby jacks » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:38 pm

Thanks Pete. I actually cashed last year too as well and took the $.

As long as one is rated is <970, you can play in AM1. The only negative repercussion of receiving $ instead of script is that if I ever play Worlds, I have to play Open.

I know there are plenty of tournaments in the world that everyone would like to play. In addition, I know that I am biased because I am from MA and learned to play at Maple Hill. However, I highly recommend that some of you make the effort to get to Vibram next year. It is the only Pro tournament that I know of that pays half the field. I think I averaged ~975 rated golf for the first 2 rounds to make the cut by 2… certainly reachable for many golfers in the Bay area.

In addition, the amount of activity surrounding the tourney is unreal: skins, dubs, ping-pong, poker, pie-eating/putting/driving/RPM contests, ESPN article (see Pepe’s post on General Disc-ussion), and some of the best golfers in the world. Oh yeah, the course is spectacular with several others close by.

From the ESPN article: Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport.

Lastly, congrats to Kevin Couch for placing second in Grand Masters!
jacks
President

Re: Sean Jack at the Vibram

Postby Orion » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:52 am

i am putting two and two together here and thinking that i am getting a Vibram Open - Aviar, a nice one for the collection. I did not know that was where you were going Jacks, hope the parking deal worked out.

O
Orion
Nebula

Return to PDGA Tournaments