New Course in San Ramon?

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

New Course in San Ramon?

Postby mdotero » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:26 pm

I heard a rumor that there may be a new course in San Ramon... anyone heard this too?
mdotero
Forum Noob

Re: New Course in San Ramon?

Postby pepe » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:46 pm

wow, we'll never see Greg Breazeale again
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby breazealeian » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:13 pm

Don't worry,

I played it a couple of day's ago. It's no GG. Nine baskets playing back and fourth on a hillside. Super windy. There is some potential but they need to work on the hole layouts. However, nice bright orange mach five baskets. It's going to be tough to make it a good course becuase of the small amount of land up there. Fun to dink around on and practice wind midrange and putting. At this point, Chabot and Moraga are much better 9 hole courses. However, it is a course in the tri-valley and I am sure it took a bunch of hard work to get it put in so I wish them good luck with it and hope it evolves. I believe some Moraga players were behind the construction and approval. Kudos to them.

GB
Sometimes you just gotta throw that Gator!
breazealeian
Helluva Human

Postby breazealeian » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:23 pm

Also,
There were no real tee pads or tee signs so my guess is that they are experimenting with the layout before installing permanent tee signs. At least I hope. Course is in early, early stage.
Sometimes you just gotta throw that Gator!
breazealeian
Helluva Human

Postby dantarango » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:03 pm

Greg where is it, exactly. I always want to play courses on this side of the bay.
Lefty Love
dantarango
NorCal Champ

Postby PeterT » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Exit 680 at Alcosta Blvd., take Alcosta to right turn on Old Ranch Road, Baskets will be on your left, directly across from Old Ranch Park, about half way between Alcosta Blvd. and Dougherty Road. Park in the Old Ranch Park parking lot and cross Old Ranch Road. There is a concrete path leading into the course near the cross walk. First Tee is chalk marked on the concrete path near the first elbow in the path. First basket is up to the right. Most of the Tees are chalk marked on the path, a couple of them are roughed out dirt pads. The course goes back and forth up the hill with basket 9 on the plateau at the top of the hill.

I played the course on Friday and bumped into Greg there. As he said, windy and very compact course, brand new baskets. Not a lot of trees, mostly grassy hillside.

Give huge thanks to Mike Tower for getting another Contra Costa course in. Mike is a Moraga Disc Golf regular.

Peter
PeterT
(throws minis)

Return to General Disc-ussion