Opening Day Committee

Club events such as meetings, parties, fundraising events, tournaments, etc.

Opening Day Committee

Postby ross » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:58 pm

This is the thread to discuss plans for Opening Day -- logistics, disc sales, etc.
Over to you!
ross
SFDGC Club Hero

Let's Get This Party Started Right

Postby Q » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:26 pm

Howdy,

I'm hoping everyone who wants to can get involved with the planning of opening day. The people who build the course will deserve all of the credit, but I think we want to kick off the opening with a great party for everyone!

Who else is out there, what is your vision of opening day, and how do you want to be involved?

- Q -
Greg - Q -
Club Founder
"I went to play golf and tried to shoot my age, and shot my weight instead." - Bob Hope
Q
Decent Individual

Postby ross » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:41 pm

I'd like to do it on a sunday because the day before I'd like all of those who helped build the course to have the first chance to play it. Doubles would be nice like we did with the temp. course.

It would be good to get the freestylers there again (contact Art Coddington) and rent a big grill. Music. etc.

Of course this wil all be taking place when there is a good probablility of bad weather so....if we can swing it an enormous tent...
ross
SFDGC Club Hero

Postby Pat Walsh » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:57 pm

I'll help out for opening day, if I can once the date is actually set.
Pat Walsh
Forum Noob

Re: Big Tent

Postby Q » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:36 pm

we actually have a structure that will protect 200 square feet of space. it is a hearty structure, that can withstand winds of 70mph, etc. i can bring that.

of course, if it is raining the odds of a lot of non-disc golfers showing up drops to near zero...
Greg - Q -
Club Founder
"I went to play golf and tried to shoot my age, and shot my weight instead." - Bob Hope
Q
Decent Individual

Opening Day Crew: Sign On!

Postby Q » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:30 am

Howdy,

We need to get a sense for who is out there and working on opening day. I'd like to have a quick in-person meeting over coffee sometime in the next couple of weeks to discuss our big-picture plans and get people working on specific items.

Things we need to focus on:

--> Setting the date for Opening Day
--> Securing Marx Meadow for that Date
--> Getting disc designs for "Blister Disc" as well as "Opening Day" Disc
--> Sending out Press Release/Contacting Press
--> Soliciting "Rewards" for volunteers
--> Getting food/drinks/etc. in place for Opening day

Who out there is working on this, and what is the area you want to help out on? Is it better to meet during the day or early evening for you? (Personally, I prefer daytime meetings, and can get anywhere in SF to make them happen).

We have some time, but maybe too much time, to plan this. So let's get hammering on it now.

- Q -
Greg - Q -
Club Founder
Q
Decent Individual

Postby mpoland » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:15 pm

i'm down for opening day...as I understand, we are pretty much collapsing the VIP prizes with opening day stuff as far as special disc/t-shirt designs, the raffle, etc. correct?
mpoland
Forum Noob

Postby ross » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:36 pm

i don't think so -- the vip participants will be entered into an exclusive raffle which will include a mach III and will also get a special disc that will only be for people who volunteered.

but of course you could also run a separate raffle at opening day for the general public (and those members/supporters who for some reason or another did not volunteer).
ross
SFDGC Club Hero

Postby saucywench » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:32 am

I'm actually really lousy at things like schmoozing for raffle prize donations, but I will try to overcome this, and see what I can come up with. I'll post here if I have any luck, so we don't all hit up the same places...
-Anne
saucywench
Helluva Human

Postby cowtipn » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:41 am

If I can offer any food help with this please let me know. I will also be down with making a Gift Certificate donation for the raffle.
cowtipn
Decent Individual

Postby ross » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:32 am

The date and time of Opening Day are now set:

Saturday, 31 March at 10am.

More information to come -- spread the word!
ross
SFDGC Club Hero

raffle

Postby boston93430 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:21 am

I might be able to get a gift certificate or something for the raffle from my work (Mark Hopkins) maybe for brunch or something, see what I can pull. They better give me the day off since it's my birthday.
drive for show, putt for dough....

"You can play as well as you can imagine.  Believe it then see it."
boston93430
Helluva Human

Postby snyderman » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:06 pm

The date and time of Opening Day are now set:

Saturday, 31 March at 10am.

Ross - Is that the club day or the media day?
snyderman
Ex Presidente

Postby ross » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:45 am

That's the big, public opening day.
ross
SFDGC Club Hero

VIP

Postby snyderman » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:46 pm

I thought I would just copy the VIP program from the other thread.
I think it has been everyones understanding that for 8 hours they will get something.

Here is the paste form the other thread:

Every 4 (four) hours of volunteer work entitles you to one raffle ticket for the Opening Day drawing. Raffle prizes include a portable Mach III basket from the Disc Golf Association (see http://www.discgolfassoc.com/phmach3.html).

Every 8 (eight) hours of recorded work entitles you to your choice of a free Champion Edition Innova disc, a t-shirt or an embroidered towel.

In addition, every volunteer who records at least 8 (eight) hours of work will receive a limited edition, custom-stamped disc. This will NOT be sold anywhere or be available to anyone but the volunteers. Click here to see the amazing disc.

The raffle will take place on Opening Day. That is also when discs, shirts and towels can be begin to be claimed. You do not have to be present at Opening Day to claim your prizes (though obviously if you have been busting your butt to install the course we want you there!).
snyderman
Ex Presidente

Next

Return to SFDGC Club Events