We lost a friend and one of our own today

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

We lost a friend and one of our own today

Postby Billym » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 am

I am sad to let the club know that my friend Kenny Holowatch was murdered today in front of his house in West Oakland.
There are not many details but he was killed protecting his love Stephanie. She is OK but very shaken.
Many of you knew Kenny and Steph and some did but did not know it. Either way they were an important part of the Aquatic Park and GG disc golf scene the last year or so.
Please stay updated for details for a memorial at AP and GG.
Kenny was my friend and I mourn his loss; he was my brother for sure.
Please say a prayer for Kenny and Stephanie and their families and tell the ones you love what needs to be said.
Billy
Billym
Decent Individual

Re: We lost a friend and one of our own today

Postby ben » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:31 pm

I only played with Kenny a handful of times at Aquatic, but he seemed like a stand up guy. My deepest condolences go out to Stephanie and the Holowatch family... what a tragedy.

Ben
ben
Decent Individual

Postby pepe » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:58 am

Jesus that's tragic.

I don't think I ever met Kenny but it's so awful to hear about this.

May he rest in peace...
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby dantarango » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:57 pm

Kenny was and is and will always be an awesome dude! He was and is a friend. He was always so nice, and always said hello. I will really miss him. I want to express to the Holowatch's my sorrow for their loss and to Stephanie for she lost such a brave and a gently great guy. You two were so wonderful, to be around, and see together.
Stephanie, I am so sorry for your loss. I wish and hope for your strength and am truly saddened by YOUR and our loss.
I will cherish the Memories of my time spent in his presence.
Lefty Love
dantarango
NorCal Champ

Postby Billym » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:06 am

Memorial at AP 6/17 8pm after the weekly. Come plat starting at 4:30 pm.
We will have a memorial following the rounds. Bring discs to throw into the lake!! Taco truck and beer to follow!!
B
Billym
Decent Individual

Postby Billym » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:07 am

dantarango wrote:Kenny was and is and will always be an awesome dude! He was and is a friend. He was always so nice, and always said hello. I will really miss him. I want to express to the Holowatch's my sorrow for their loss and to Stephanie for she lost such a brave and a gently great guy. You two were so wonderful, to be around, and see together.
Stephanie, I am so sorry for your loss. I wish and hope for your strength and am truly saddened by YOUR and our loss.
I will cherish the Memories of my time spent in his presence.

Thanks Dan,
Well said.
Billym
Decent Individual

Return to General Disc-ussion