Lincoln Park Disc Golf Poll

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

How much would you pay for a annual pass to play Disc Golf at Lincoln Park (ball) golf course in SF?

$50
25%
$100
50%
$200
8%
$300
8%
$400
No votes
$500
8%
$600
No votes
$700
No votes
$800
No votes

Total votes : 12

Re: Lincoln Park Disc Golf Poll

Postby pepe » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:00 am

If there are hundreds of golfers who'd play lincoln, then how come there are only 7 votes so far in this poll?

;)

I'm pretty certain that if this were to happen, it would be a huge draw for disc golfers all over the world. The course would be worth the price of admission (and as you say Joe, you could get a cart), and it would dwarf most disc golf courses in length. The red tees (the short ones) total some 4700 YARDS. That's more than 13,400 feet to non believers over 18. GGP is probably less than 6000 feet if it's all in the C positions!

do the math...
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby Stick » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:06 am

The courses I've played like this are great. Baskets are set to the sides and even beyond the green. Usually in the trees thast surround the green. There really is no passing golfers. In Sarasota you get a tee time just like ball golfers. you tee when it's your turn and you play along like everyone else. The pace wasn't much different. The only time we passed other golfers is when a group wanted to watch us. We actually played with them for a hole then they let us go ahead. You had no choice over the cart, You had to use it. I'm pretty sure it was 18 dollars. No membeship fee. A 50 or 100 dollar fee wouldn't be bad. I have heard of instances where ball golfer intentionally hit balls at the disc golfers. I'm not sure why.
Stick
NorCal Champ

Postby Billym » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:56 pm

To have tee times, good flow, nice views, a challenging course and maybe a proshop/snack bar? $100 easy.
We need to expand this topic to wider disc golf communities.
Billym
Decent Individual

Postby Tim » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:47 pm

You guys should've included a $0 choice... :)
Tim
(hasn't paid for 2010 yet)

Postby mgoofy24 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:51 am

This would be fantastic. Lincoln Park is a fun ball-golf course, it would make a fantastic disc golf course! Good elevation changes. As well, there is a viewing point up near the Legion of Honor where pedestrians often stop to watch the ball-golfers. This could be an excellent way of getting good exposure for disc golf. Players would probably get a lot of questions about our sport, which could be a great way to introduce more players to disc golf.

I would be willing to pay $100 to $200 for a year membership (and I know my dad would too), but I don't want carts. I walk when I play ball-golf (8 handicap), I walk when I play disc golf, and I'd rather walk when I play disc golf on a ball golf course. I don't think not using a cart will slow down play of the ball-golfers.
mgoofy24
Decent Individual

Previous

Return to General Disc-ussion