Trash cans on the course

This is the place to veiw upcoming work parties and report maintenance issues that need to be fixed on the course.

Trash cans on the course

Postby Orion » Thu May 07, 2009 12:33 pm

Hey Club Members -

There are two new trash cans that have been put on the course to be maintained by the parks department. One at #7 and one at #14. These are temporary and will be removed if the PD feels like they are being miss used by the public. In short if people start using the cans for personal use then they will be removed. These cans are for the general public to use as they can not seem to read the signs around the course to pack out your trash. Let's try to be respectful of the general public as they are at times not paying any attention to the GGDGC.

Thanks,
GGDGC
Orion
Nebula

Re: Trash cans on the course

Postby pepe » Mon May 11, 2009 3:52 pm

I can't tell you what an amazing difference this makes. Thanks O!!!
pepe
NorCal Champ

Re: Trash cans on the course

Postby Tim » Tue May 12, 2009 5:30 pm

I'm excited to hear about that! We needed some. It was always funny to me that at most courses you will find cans at a large number of holes, still maintained by a city or parks dept., some practically requiring a 4-wheel drive vehicle to pickup...but we couldn't have any in our clean city here by the bay.

I know people misuse porta potties out that way, but what's the definition of misusing a trash can that wouldn't already be happening in the park at more easily accessed cans?
Tim
(hasn't paid for 2010 yet)

Return to Course Maintenance