PDGA-C Silicon Valley Classic

This is a forum to discuss upcoming PDGA tournaments that SFDGC members may be interested in. This is the place to discuss all things related to PDGA/NorCal tournaments.

PDGA-C Silicon Valley Classic

Postby Stick » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:55 pm

May 30, 2009 C teir tournament in San Jose. Hellyer and La Raza courses. Go to svdgc.org forum for more details on registration. And If you work for a company that wants to donate swag for the players paks contact Bill Sherman at the same site.
Stick
NorCal Champ

Re: PDGA-C Silicon Valley Classic

Postby Tim » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:16 am

Is La Raza open all year nowadays? I've played Hellyer a few times but La Raza was always closed when I went there.
Tim
(hasn't paid for 2010 yet)

Postby Stick » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:31 am

It opens April 1 until Jan 1
Stick
NorCal Champ

Postby Tim » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:53 pm

Thanks!
Tim
(hasn't paid for 2010 yet)

Postby Stick » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:41 pm

Just a reminder about the tournament. Jeff Faes and I are the only people from the SFDGC so far. The earlier people sign up the easier for Bill and Mark to get things paid for. They've got several sponsers, so the players pack may be pretty decent. And a decent cash payout. It's a fun tournament. There aren't many one day events in California so take advantage of this one. You'll play 2 rounds at hellyer(18 Holes) and 2 rounds at La Raza(18 holes). And believe me, La Raza is one of the toughest 9 hole courses around. It takes place on a Saturday so everyone can still play in the weekly. Space is limited to, I think, 36 pro spots and 36 am spots. That includes masters and women.
Stick
NorCal Champ

Postby Stick » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:39 am

If anyone is interested in playing you need to sign up soon. Space is limited to only 36 pro and 36 am spots. That includes all divisions. If you break it down pro, pro masters, pro wome,n then at least 4 am divisions. Thats not many spots for each division.
Stick
NorCal Champ

Postby Stick » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:55 am

If anyone is planning on signing up for the tournament it might be too late. Divisions are filling up fast and there aren't that many spaces to begin with. 36 am spot and 36 pro spots. I think there are spots left for women. FYI-just because the PDGA website doesn't show a grand masters division doen't mean there's not one. It just means no ones signed up for it.
Stick
NorCal Champ

Postby bill sherman » Tue May 05, 2009 9:12 am

Hey SFDGC'
yes we are having our first pdga sanctioned "C" tier event at LaRaza/Hellyer park tournament central is at LaRaza. This will be a blast.I will like to invite all SF and beyond to come support our club as well as have a blast. I promise this will be a fun event. you can register on line at www.iregisteredonline.com (or) down load a flyer at www.svdgc.org and mail it in as of now we have 10 divisions, Please let me know if I need to be doing something that is not already being done.
Hope to see ya on the green.!!!
-BILL SHERMAN-
(408) 802-0623
Silicon Valley Disc Golf Club
-BILL-

If the people lead, The leaders will follow.!
bill sherman
Forum Noob

Postby Stick » Thu May 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Registration for the tournament is closed. If you signed up early, thanks. If you thought you still had time. S.O.L.
Stick
NorCal Champ

Return to PDGA Tournaments