work party this saturday 2/7/09 - 8 am to 5 pm

This is the place to veiw upcoming work parties and report maintenance issues that need to be fixed on the course.

work party this saturday 2/7/09 - 8 am to 5 pm

Postby Orion » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm

Hey everyone, it is time to get together and put some time and effort into the course that we play everyday. We only schedule six work parties a year so please make time to volunteer this saturday.

We will be working on quite a few different projects and need all the help we can get. We will have a central work crew at the box on 14 that will send out volunteers to the various crews out on the course.

Please post if you are going to be able to make the work party.

Also we need to have any and all trucks out on saturday to help move material around the course.

Thanks in advance,

SFDGC
Orion
Nebula

Postby pepe » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:10 pm

What projects are going to worked on O? Can you give everyone an idea of why they need to come out?
pepe
NorCal Champ

a nice little list

Postby Orion » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Hole # Issue
practice basket erosion around basket...need a wooden box spiked into ground around basket to keep chips in place
1 Area around tee pad needs work
1 Front of tee pad needs paver
3 Front of tee pad needs paver
4 broken tree protections
4 path eroding, need extra peeler core
4 A pin eroding, need more plants
5 erosion in front of paver
6 erosion controls needed around b and c pin (drag and set eucalyptus logs from 7c towards 6B?)
7 broken tree screen
8 broken tree screen
11 broken tree screen
11 Mando sign on the tree
12 set up drip irrigation system for trees.
14 chips!
15 more chips needed at tee box
16 terrace all pin positions and chip afterwards - Done this week by the locals - thanks locals
17 Chip path, get rid of massive chip piles
18 Broken Net at tee box

All things that need to be worked on
Orion
Nebula

Postby doublejack » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:15 am

I'll be there.
Well done is better than well said. - Ben Franklin
doublejack
NorCal Champ

New Groove Discs

Postby Orion » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:29 pm

If you need more incentive to come out to the work party this weekend we just received 50 protostar Groove discs. They will be available at the end of the work party to buy if you want to get your hands on one. These will go fast.
Orion
Nebula

hole 11 (no)mando sign

Postby dantarango » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:36 pm

Let's keep 11 as it is. The gap is gnarly, it can love you or rape you. Wouldn't it be easier to put a net or sign at 12 to help. You all talk about people who throw through there at 12 tee. I have never seen someone throw from 11 tee to 12 tee.

How about we put up a sign at 11 tee that reads
" If your aim sucks throw to the right of this tree"

Damn you Rightists, you all act like you rule the world. The Leftists have had more input and influence in the ruling of this world, than you damn right handers. Stop with the hate, show us your love. Can't we all just get along.
Lefty Love
dantarango
NorCal Champ

A huge thanks

Postby Orion » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:52 pm

Thanks to everyone who turned out today for the work party. It was good to see some new faces out there swinging the pitch forks. We able to tackle a huge project today with all the help. Now there should not be any question to where the OB line on the course. We were also able to replace all of the nets that were taken down this past year from our wonderful festival participants. And to top it all off I think we managed to spread all the chips that we had to various places on the course. All in all a huge effort by everyone.

My high light was having pizza delivered to the work party on hole three at lunch time. nice

Thanks again for all the effort.

SFDGC
Orion
Nebula

Postby doublejack » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:30 am

Ditto. Thanks to Orion for being an organizing force, especially hooking us up with the pizza and the Groove discs, and to everyone else for their major ass-busting today.

I've uploaded a few of my pics from today to Flickr: http://bit.ly/4HvF
Well done is better than well said. - Ben Franklin
doublejack
NorCal Champ

Postby todd » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:07 pm

I played the weekly this morning and thought I'd let you all know that the course looks great! Thanks to all who pitched in to make it happen.

Also happy to see all the nets return, especially on 11. Love that mando, too. ;-)
todd
NorCal Champ

Return to Course Maintenance