Fires at the practice basket

This is the place to veiw upcoming work parties and report maintenance issues that need to be fixed on the course.

Fires at the practice basket

Postby todd » Thu May 01, 2008 3:02 pm

today was the second time i noticed that there was a fire (probably overnight) on the practice green. this one was still smoldering at 2pm and it looked like they were burning trash as there was half burned trash all over the place. i managed to clean up some of it.

not sure who is doing this (homeless in the park, kids partying or even golfers). although i'm not totally down with a fire there, i'm more concerned with the trash part and it turning into a regular thing (and possibly reflecting badly on the club).
todd
NorCal Champ

Postby kimchi » Sun May 11, 2008 3:04 pm

i got there around 3:30 and it was still smoldering.  i grabbed the sprinkler by the office and hosed her down for a while.  
the gardener seems to leave the sprinkler in that same spot all the time plus there's a spigot nearby the practice pin.  just make sure to roll the hose out when your done (to get the water out) so it doesn't weigh a ton when you drag it back... and cuz that's how the gardener leaves it.

people having fires there should be destroyed!  there's wood chips all over the place.  not a good scene.
kimchi
(throws minis)

Return to Course Maintenance