Course after the storm (on-going storm)

This is the place to veiw upcoming work parties and report maintenance issues that need to be fixed on the course.

Course after the storm (on-going storm)

Postby mgoofy24 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:25 pm

Hi All.  I braved the storm today and went out and played/walked the front nine (shoes were too soaked after that to continue) and the course has held up amazingly well considering the wind.  I cleared some of the larger branches off the tees as I could, but there is a downed tree that crosses #2.  The tree broke off near the tee box, fell diagonally forward and might present a safety hazard for the Sunday tourney.  I would have tried to clear some of by myself, but I wasn't sure about its stability and have no tools to do the job.

Just a heads up =)
mgoofy24
Decent Individual

pictures

Postby Orion » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:05 am

You can take a look at some photos I took of the course post storm on Friday afternoon.  Go to the main page of the site and check out the photo tab and check out the posting of the January storm 2008.
Orion
Nebula

Postby mgoofy24 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:36 am

Nice pictures!  Must have missed you guys.  I went out right after the wind died (around 12:45ish).  The downed tree on 12 (near the basket) looks like it would have been rather scary to be there when the top broke off.
mgoofy24
Decent Individual

Postby zz » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:11 am

Not too bad considering the winds.  That tree on 2 looks pretty small...I'll be at the course all today for cleanup.  Worse case I can bring down a chainsaw if needed on Sunday morning.
zz
Helluva Human

Return to Course Maintenance