New Chips

This is the place to veiw upcoming work parties and report maintenance issues that need to be fixed on the course.

New Chips

Postby crosstoby » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:19 pm

Some friendly thanks to P Black and P Brown and I know there were others helping too (but I dunno who) for moving some chips onto the basket areas on 11 and 16, and on the path from 14 to 15 and then down the hill beyond 15.  It looks really good, and it's sure to help as the season gets wetter.

Great effort!  Thanks, all---  

Maybe we can move some of the pile near 6 over the next day or so; I'm around to help over the next several days.

Jon
crosstoby
President

props

Postby Orion » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:18 pm

I just spent a hour with Peter and Mason working on chipping and working 11B aka Stumpy.  Peter had a great idea to place some of the peeler core in front of the stump to help with erosion.  It turned out really great and I think that it will help out with the erosion.  It also made that pin position look killer with all the new chips.  

If the peeler core works well with the erosion control we should think about using it in some other areas in need.

Thanks again to the folks that have been working on the course without being asked and are not asking for thanks.  They are are just doing it for the course.   Props!

Happy Holidays everyone I will check you next year.

O
Orion
Nebula

Postby todd » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:47 pm

I'm willing to lend a hand...any thoughts or preference on where the chips should go?
todd
NorCal Champ

Postby pepe » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:52 pm

Sure. The guidelines for chipping are basically as follows:

- Chip every pin position but make sure that the pin itself is easily visible
- chip the paths that still need it.

Make sure you lock up the wheelbarrows and the boxes
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby todd » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:26 pm

Great. Where do you put the key for the tools?
todd
NorCal Champ

Postby pepe » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:01 am

Todd, we don't have a key, but a code lock. I'm not going to post the code here, and I'll check and see if its ok to disseminate.
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby todd » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:36 pm

thanks dude. picked up the code today from dave.
todd
NorCal Champ

chipping, or any maintenance

Postby les swift » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:42 pm

Hey there,
Thanks for the interest with helping on the chipping, obviously a constant need for this. Please remember to lock up the tools and wheelbarrows so we have them for the next time.
It's all too easy to get distracted and forget to do this.
See you on the course.
Les
les swift
Badass Mofo

Postby todd » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:42 am

Thanks for the reminder Les, I will most certainly lock up all tools after throwing some chips down.
todd
NorCal Champ

Postby k3vIn » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:49 pm

thanks again to all the folks out there putting chips down!  the course is looking great!
k3vIn
(throws minis)

Postby pepe » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:35 pm

The course is in some desperate need of some chipping at the moment. Will someone please take the time to chip the paths on 9 and 11 ASAP?

Also, chipping is needed on the path for 4.
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby doublejack » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:18 pm

I'm more than willing to pitch in -- I was thinking of adding chips to the path on 9 yesterday, but didn't know what the protocol was (and didn't have access to a wheelbarrow, obviously.   :)  This kind of maintenance help would be perfect for those days (like yesterday) when I come out to play 18, but am having an off day and decide to quit after 9.

I've only been playing the course since September, but now I play at least a couple of mornings a week and I LOVE it.  Y'all have done an amazing job with the construction and maintenance.

I'll be out of commission recovering from knee surgery for a while after next Tuesday, but I have some time this weekend.
doublejack
NorCal Champ

chips on #9

Postby Orion » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:40 pm

prefect example of how to pitch in and spread some chips was on hole #9 in the last day or so.  Good work Tim.
Orion
Nebula

Return to Course Maintenance