Well, it's done. My first ever disc golf tournament is in the books and I had a great time. I wanted to publicly thank all of those who spent countless hours getting this event together. Our hard work as a club looks like it has paid off!
Some impressions/scenes from the weekend:
- Maybe Arturo should comb the lakes for discs...probably a hundred of them in there.
- Hole 4, the hole I helped to sponser, was the deciding hole on all of the playoffs
- Locals...good showing. We're only going to get better with more experience. We've only
had a half a year with a permanent course in the ground. We'll be at an advantage next year with an entire year behind us! (and perhaps another, more technical course in the ground?)
- Mr. Neal wanted to charge me 16 bucks for a disc, and asked to see my bag tag for proof of my club membership. LOL.
- Now I know, the leader in the group gets to bring the scorecards in after the round. But it is the responsibility of the entire group to make sure he actually does it.
- a 58 year old won the entire event. There is hope for me after all. If I ever learn how to drive forehand consistently...
- and putt...
- speaking of which, Brown helped teach me how to jump put a few weeks back, and it really helped out my game. I hit a 120 footer on hole 11, dead center, only to have the basket wobble and fall out.
- Speaking of which...perhaps all new standardized baskets next year?
- props to Patrick(s), Jeff(s), Big O, Matty, Crib, and all the rest of you locals who brought their A game. Nice to see so much local success!
-Ross, Brian, Reggie, Tom, and Rob. Thanks dudes.
-Special thanks again to ross hammond who watched both of my hole 16 shots go into the lake. Sweet dude. You now owe me a Star TL and a CE Orc.