Thanks again Safari Team for an awesome weekend!!!

The SFDGC hosts an annual PDGA tournament in August.

Thanks again Safari Team for an awesome weekend!!!

Postby pepe » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:12 am

Well, it's done. My first ever disc golf tournament is in the books and I had a great time. I wanted to publicly thank all of those who spent countless hours getting this event together. Our hard work as a club looks like it has paid off!

Some impressions/scenes from the weekend:
- Maybe Arturo should comb the lakes for discs...probably a hundred of them in there.
- Hole 4, the hole I helped to sponser, was the deciding hole on all of the playoffs
- Locals...good showing. We're only going to get better with more experience. We've only had a half a year with a permanent course in the ground. We'll be at an advantage next year with an entire year behind us! (and perhaps another, more technical course in the ground?)
- Mr. Neal wanted to charge me 16 bucks for a disc, and asked to see my bag tag for proof of my club membership. LOL.
- Now I know, the leader in the group gets to bring the scorecards in after the round. But it is the responsibility of the entire group to make sure he actually does it.
- a 58 year old won the entire event. There is hope for me after all. If I ever learn how to drive forehand consistently...
- and putt...
- speaking of which, Brown helped teach me how to jump put a few weeks back, and it really helped out my game. I hit a 120 footer on hole 11, dead center, only to have the basket wobble and fall out.
- Speaking of which...perhaps all new standardized baskets next year?
- props to Patrick(s), Jeff(s), Big O, Matty, Crib, and all the rest of you locals who brought their A game. Nice to see so much local success!
-Ross, Brian, Reggie, Tom, and Rob. Thanks dudes.
-Special thanks again to ross hammond who watched both of my hole 16 shots go into the lake. Sweet dude. You now owe me a Star TL and a CE Orc. ;)
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby blaise » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:48 am

Ditto.

I'd like to send a huge thank you out to everyone that helped organize this year's Safari.  I met some great golfers, saw some old friends, and everyone that I played with rocked.  I didn't come anywhere near placing in my division, but the trophy for fun went to me.  

Thanks again,
Blaise
blaise
Forum Noob

Postby mofo313 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:16 pm

Great time indeed.  Damn near needed Monday off as I'm totally wiped out.  It was all well worth leaving my dignity somewhere in the lake on 16 saturday afternoon...if anyone sees a light blue Stafford Lakes Orc on the far side of the water please let me know.  I swear that thing made it over.

Enjoyed putting faces with some of the names and meeting many of you for the first time.  

Big ups to everyone who helped out, thanks for all your hard work.
mofo313
(throws minis)

Re: Thanks again Safari Team for an awesome weekend!!!

Postby ross » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:37 pm

pepe wrote:-Special thanks again to ross hammond who watched both of my hole 16 shots go into the lake. Sweet dude. You now owe me a Star TL and a CE Orc. ;)

I told you to go anhyzer but you wouldn't listen. You will learn, oh grasshopper   :lol:
ross
SFDGC Club Hero

Postby kylecrispin » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:44 pm

Big ups to all the crew for putting on a great event.

Add another CE Orc to the list of casualties on 16.

:oops:

Oh and a Roc too  :oops:  :oops:
kylecrispin
Helluva Human

Re: Thanks again Safari Team for an awesome weekend!!!

Postby pepe » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:53 pm

ross wrote:
pepe wrote:-Special thanks again to ross hammond who watched both of my hole 16 shots go into the lake. Sweet dude. You now owe me a Star TL and a CE Orc. ;)

I told you to go anhyzer but you wouldn't listen. You will learn, oh grasshopper   :lol:

out and around the tree I threw it into? Scott Riley almost lost his disc (and potentially his round apparently) with that shot. I'm gonna have to go back there and check it out again...and fish my discs outta there. I'm thinking a big fishing net will do the trick. Jon Toby, do you have one of those? I could get out there this afternoon and we can set up a lost and found.

on another note...
When the neighbors of McClaren park show up with shotguns to a park and rec meeting regarding DG there, perhaps we can persuade the board to have us install the safari course permanently. 2 courses in GGP within easy walking distance of one another? Let's muse on that thought for a minute...
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby ben » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:56 pm

mofo313 wrote:It was all well worth leaving my dignity somewhere in the lake on 16...

You definitely weren't alone- I shot a little bit of video yesterday out at the Safari course, and when I'm done editing it together, there will be a little hole 16 'montage of pain' at the beginning of the highlight reel  :wink:
ben
Decent Individual

Postby mofo313 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:22 pm

I'll go to my grave trying to figure out what happened to that Star Orc.  I swear it cleared the water.  If anyone finds the white Inferno I through in on the next shot, keep the damn thing.  Can't manage to keep one around for more than a week at a time, I'll consider that last one a sacrifice to the disc gods.
mofo313
(throws minis)

Postby mofo313 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:22 pm

I'll go to my grave trying to figure out what happened to that Star Orc.  I swear it cleared the water.  If anyone finds the white Inferno I threw in on the next shot, keep the damn thing.  Can't manage to keep one around for more than a week at a time anyway, so I'll consider that last one a sacrifice to the disc gods.
mofo313
(throws minis)

Postby gkolcun » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:42 pm

Thanks a lot to Ross and the crew.  I never had so much fun taking a weekend-long beating in my whole life.
gkolcun
(throws minis)

Postby BeckyT » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:28 pm

gkolcun wrote:Thanks a lot to Ross and the crew.  I never had so much fun taking a weekend-long beating in my whole life.

I agree!  Thanks to everyone that made this event possible.  I had a great time and can't wait to get my *( | )* kicked by the safari holes again next year.
BeckyT
SFDGC Secretary / DBA

Big prop's!

Postby B-John » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:39 pm

Thank's to Ross for having a great event. We, as Coloradans, think the world of the folks out there. From Brian Lee and yourself to all the players I had the great fortune to play with. I didn't meet as many people as I would have liked to. Probably because I was too busy getting my a$$ chomped by the Safari course! None the less, I loved it and hope to make the trip every year!
Thanks again. :lol:
John
B-John
Forum Noob

Return to SF Safari