With less than 3 weeks to go before the San Francisco Safari, we wanted to give everyone an update.
1) REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. We are not taking any more registrations or putting anyone else on the waiting list. If you do not see your name on the PDGA site:
http://pdga.com/tournament/tournament_r ... urnID=7101
you did not make it into the tournament. Sorry!
2) CHECK-IN: You can check-in and pick up at your players pack on Friday, Aug. 17th between noon and 7pm or on Saturday morning between 7:30 and 8:30am at Tournament Central. This year Tournament Central is at Marx Meadow. There is a Google Map link at: http://www.sfdiscgolf.net/safari/ (please note that JFK Drive is closed between Stanyan St. and Crossover Dr. on the weekends)
Every player HAS to check in -- the more that check in on Friday the quicker things will go on Saturday.
3) LUNCHES: When you check in we'll also take your lunch orders for Saturday and Sunday. $5 for Saturday's lunch gets you a delicious Lucca's Deli sandwich, a bag of chips, soda and candy or granola bar. $5 for Sunday's lunch will get you a delicious plate of BBQ and all the fixins from Memphis Minnies, one of the best BBQ places in the city and a huge supporter of the GGP disc golf course.
4) RAFFLE -- when you check in we'll also be selling tickets for the raffle on Sunday. More on that later.
5 ) FRIDAY RANDOM DRAW DOUBLES: We will host random draw doubles at the Marx Meadow course on Friday, Aug. 17th. We will start collecting the $5 entry fee at 4pm and tee off no later than 5pm. There is no pre-registration for this event, there is a limit of 72 participants, and it is open to both registered players and anyone else.
6) WEEKEND SCHEDULE:
For the sake of your fellow golfers (and for the sake of not taking penalty strokes for being late), please be on time!
Flight A (all Pro Divisions + AM1 Men) will play the Safari course Sat. morning, Marx Meadow Sat. afternoon, and the Safari course again Sunday morning
Flight B: (Am Masters, Advanced Women & Intermediate) will play Marx Meadow Sat. morning, the Safari course Sat. afternoon and Marx Meadow again Sunday morning
SATURDAY, AUGUST 18th
7:30-8:30 Players check-in (Marx Meadow)
8:30 sharp! Mandatory players meeting at Marx Meadow (all divisions)
8:00-8:30 collect cards at the course you are supposed to be playing (no players meeting)
Following Sunday's morning round we will gather in Marx Meadow for the BBQ, a CTP contest, raffle and awards ceremony.
Any changes in the schedule will be posted on the SFDGC website and then during the weekend on a wipe board at Tournament Central.
7) COURSES: There will be two 24-hole courses. The Marx Meadow course will have one additional temp. hole in the meadow and five across JFK Drive starting near the exit for Hole 18. The Safari course is a combination of the East & West courses from the last few years. There will not be baskets on that course until Saturday morning.
DISCS: we'll have all sorts of tasty discs for sale all weekend so bring your wallet (discounts for SFDGC members).
9) STAY INFORMED: You can sign up for our mailing lists at:
So, practice those putts and try not to think about those Safari water holes
See you soon!
The Safari Crew