Course Work

This is the place to veiw upcoming work parties and report maintenance issues that need to be fixed on the course.

Course Work

Postby hrc333 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:31 am

OK...so I spoke to the department today and we have a request to remove the bees.  I know of 3 locations. (Pin for 4, Tee for 6 & tree sceeen on 15).  Is there any others that I can mark on a map?

I also put in a request for a shipment of woodchips to be delivered by the tee for 7.  This should allow us to chip some of the remaining positions.

I have also, sadly requested that the tree be removed on 12.  The general conscious appears to be that it now poses a safety threat so we should have it removed.
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Postby pepe » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:41 am

I think Josh H and Brad P got stung on 11/12 somewhere as well.

Yeah it's too bad about the tree on 12. Someone was definitely hacking into it as well as making a cut with a handsaw. YIKES!

chalk another course rule up onto the sign that should be prominent at tee 1: "Please do not alter the course vegetation, even if it's dead"
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby Tim » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:03 am

I tried 18C yesterday for the first time and darn if I didn't want to remove some dead vegetation.  
(cool hole though)

Did we put all those dead logs there or is it natural?  It's kinda cool that you have an obstacle there, but I felt like all the real small twigs hanging off the large branches which you can see from a distance, should be removed.   Also, it's just kind of a pain in the butt to walk through those dead logs as your last task for the course, in other areas of our course a buildup of dead branches means "do not enter", right?  Should be thinned out a little there would be my .02
Tim
(hasn't paid for 2010 yet)

Postby hrc333 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:45 pm

If they are the branches I am thinking about they are not dead.  It is a big vine like tree and we would actually have to cut a live tree to remove them, and this is a no no.
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Area around 18 C basket

Postby Orion » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:39 pm

In looking for a disc today in the weekly around the 18C basket our group came across a few items that need to be discussed.  First off there was a tent with campers in this location that had a few used condoms hanging from the trees outside the tent, sick!  Next I found a couple of used syringes with in a few feet of the basket.  

If we are going to use this location for the Safari we will need to do some clean up around this area.
Orion
Nebula

Postby hrc333 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:50 pm

It is the SAN FRANCISCO safari.  We should give people a true taste of the city. :shock:

What is more SF than homeless, condoms & so smack!
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Return to Course Maintenance