Why aren't there any basket location markers at this course?

Here is the place to leave feedback on the Golden Gate Park Disc Golf Course. Go ahead, tell us what you think.

Why aren't there any basket location markers at this course?

Postby Tim » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:04 pm

Hi,
Almost every course I've played that has multiple tee locations has both a map, and a "which location is the basket currently at" marker at the tees.  

Usually, as I'm sure we've all seen, it just has "A", "B", and "C", and when the baskets get changed, so do these markers.

I do realize people play with them and move them around from time to time, and it's STILL good to go look at where teh basket is, but they seem like a great idea to me.  

Other things I wish for:
-Bag holders, like the ones at Hellyer.  Those are awesome, simple, and seemingly cheap.
-Benches or more wood logs.  

Just some feedback.
Tim
(hasn't paid for 2010 yet)

Postby boston93430 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:19 pm

The basket markers are a good idea for people new to the course, very simple too until people start messing with them (instant bad karma for you punks out there)

As for a bag holder, I have never played Hellyer, but the dirtier my revolution gets the cooler it looks, so I don't mind tossing it around in the dirt a bit.

The benches are a bit complicated, as the you have to pay the city thousands to get them in I think.  I would like to see some big fat stumps or logs in there though.  

Hope this helps, but there are definately wiser more informed people out there than me.  (Jeffrey, Ross, Les, etc....)
drive for show, putt for dough....

"You can play as well as you can imagine.  Believe it then see it."
boston93430
Helluva Human

Re: Why aren't there any basket location markers at this cou

Postby zz » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:29 am

For basket positions at our local course, we have screwed in washers to the hole sign.  Each washer has multiple pin positions (A,B,C,D,E) written on it and it is rotated to have the pin position line up with a arrow indicating the current spot.  I'm talking stafford....but I've also seen this at DeLa and outside of cali.  

As for people messing with the dials, screwing them in hard ensures that someone needs a screw driver in order to change them.
zz
Helluva Human

Postby hrc333 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:52 pm

There is discussion about putting in some system to mark which basket is in play.  Most baskets are visible from the tee once you learn where to look.  This is on the list, but obviously not the highest priority.

As for benches, there are issues with the park and these.  We have a few stumps out there, and as time goes on we may add a few more.  Again, this is not the highest priority.

As for bag holders, I really don't think these are needed.  Plus the city is not really happy with us adding more items than we need.  As you can tell out on the course, we were able to convince them we need a lot.  I just don't think bag holders is worth the fight.   8)
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Postby zz » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:55 am

hrc333 wrote:There is discussion about putting in some system to mark which basket is in play.  Most baskets are visible from the tee once you learn where to look.  This is on the list, but obviously not the highest priority.

http://www.teamrizbee.com/Best%20Tee%20Signs.JPG
zz
Helluva Human

Postby hrc333 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:06 am

Thanks for the picture.  No offense to the people at Stafford, but to me this does not look very nice.  Part of the thing with a course in Golden Gate Park is that everything has to look super professional.

We have these beautiful tee signs on a beautiful course.  We need to come up with a way that looks much nicer before I think we should do this.  Maybe we can see if the company that made the signs, can make a small disc in green with the A, B & C on it.
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Postby zz » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:22 am

no offense taken.  I was just showing an example of the concept.  I'm sure you all will come up with a suitable solution.  I've also seen signs and even marked/colored rocks similar to the OB ones on the course.
zz
Helluva Human

Postby Tim » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:29 pm

Are the signs metallic?  Would a little magnet work?  (granted it'd be stolen on a daily basis).  

Also, too late now, but maybe if you drill a tiny hole for a peg in the tee sign/map, then put the peg in to the right basket position on the map itself...

Anyway, it's not a big deal to me, just a suggestion.  Of course I know to look (and the map tells you WHERE to look) for the baskets.
Tim

Postby zz » Tue May 15, 2007 6:18 am

The dials on 11 and 12 look good.  11 was only really needed due to the confusion on seeing 16's basket off the tee.  

The dials look more professional than the bottle openers everywhere.  I've started cleaning up the bottle caps during the few rounds I play out there...if people don't start packing out their trash...SF's tees will turn into OV.
zz
Helluva Human

Postby hrc333 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:35 am

We have order official pin mark locations that should be here in a few weeks.  They will be on all 18 tee signs.

As for the bottle openers, I complete agree with this statement.  I know of two, 4 & 15.  We will be removing these at the work party this weekend.  Please post where the other ones are and we will remove those as well.
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Postby Tim » Thu May 17, 2007 7:14 pm

Cool, thanks for doing this Jeffery, curious what you ended up deciding on for the markers?
Tim

Postby hrc333 » Fri May 18, 2007 9:32 am

We went with the idea basically like the washer, except it will be made with the green of the sign and the color of the pin markers will match the course sign.  We will just turn them and place the pin location at the top.

-Jeffery
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Return to Reviews