THE PRODIGY at Vibram Open!

This is a forum to discuss upcoming PDGA tournaments that SFDGC members may be interested in. This is the place to discuss all things related to PDGA/NorCal tournaments.

THE PRODIGY at Vibram Open!

Postby faes » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:48 am

Another nice showing at the Vibram Open by Sean Jack (a.k.a. "The Prodigy" in New England circles), who cashed for the third straight year. Sean averaged 985+ rated golf over three rounds, taming the par-60 beast of a course that proved too much for various others who shall not be named. Sean sat right on the cut line (also the last-cash line) going into the par-4 18th hole to close out the second round. His tense, pressure-filled finish opened with Danger Dave's old GT Slipstream off the tee, and ended with a forehand Pig that banked off the OB-barrier rock wall onto the island green for a drop-in par. Just a little show for the gallery by New England's favorite son who abandoned his homeland for the calling of San Francisco.

Also worth a mention is Becky Terril's near personal best 932-rated opening round to put her atop the second card in the women's pro field, which featured live video coverage.
faes
(throws minis)

Re: THE PRODIGY at Vibram Open!

Postby doublejack » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:12 am

Great job, Sean & Becky.
Last edited by doublejack on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
doublejack
NorCal Champ

Postby todd » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:36 am

nice work SF!

it was fun to follow you all.

and i really want to play that course!!!
If it ain't coffee, its beer!
todd
NorCal Champ

Postby jacks » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:27 pm

Thanks Jeff for the post and to others who have extended their congratulations.

I'll reiterate what I posted last year... this tournament and course are incredible. I know that I'm biased being from MA and Vibram was one of my first tourney experience. However, speaking to touring pro's (and almost of them are there), they agree as well. Besides the tournament, there are a billion of fun activities on site: ping-pong, poker, accuracy, putting, distance, etc. You literally don't have to leave Maple Hill while you're there. They cooked us breakfast before every round, had lunch available, ice cream social on Friday night, dinner buffet on Saturday (with tons of free beer), etc.....

Also, 2 months before the tourney, they built the Sap House. It's a 2 floor pro-shop/club house that overlooks the 18th island green with a wrap around deck. It fit 45 poker players upstairs and was only half full! Can you imagine a real club house at a disc golf course?

Plus next year will be better. Steve Dodge is hoping to have 4 rounds instead of 3 with a cut after the third.

I know it's not cheap... save your money and sign up on New Year's Eve and come visit MA in August. You won't regret it.

SJ
jacks
President

Return to PDGA Tournaments