Safari Redux

The SFDGC hosts an annual PDGA tournament in August.

Safari Redux

Postby uofc2003 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:28 pm

I would like to express how much I enjoyed the 2010 SF Safari. Thanks all those involved with the preparation, design, and execution of the tournament.

#1) The mixed groups in the first round were great! Perhaps I was spoiled by being an Am paired with the great disc golf gentlemen, Jeff Faes and Peter Sontag, but the opportunity to play with top pros was a super experience. I had a fantastic round in the morning on Saturday with a fun group and carried a smile and confidence into my afternoon round that turned into a nightmare. But getting back to the morning, it was truly a pleasure to play with those two Pros!

#2) The course play was perfect. Playing the A locations, then B and C was a phenomenal idea. The safari holes were all fun and well designed with the exception of that devilish little hyzer after the polo fields (23, I think). I'm still stuck in that massive clumps of bushes when I close my eyes (shudder). The course also flowed smoothly with no backups which was a surprise. There was never a case where my group was backed up behind more than one other group on a teebox. And more often than not we stepped directly onto the box.

Kudos to all for a great tournament.

James-#42075
uofc2003
(throws minis)

Return to SF Safari