POLL: Are the baskets are moved too frequently?

Here is the place to leave feedback on the Golden Gate Park Disc Golf Course. Go ahead, tell us what you think.

How often should the baskets be moved?

weekly
27%
fortnightly
13%
Keep it as is (move 'em like crazy)
60%

Total votes : 15

POLL: Are the baskets are moved too frequently?

Postby Mergz » Wed May 16, 2007 12:49 pm

Please keep the baskets in the same locations for at least a week.  The frequency of basket movement is frustrating.
Mergz
Decent Individual

Postby hrc333 » Wed May 16, 2007 1:47 pm

Ok...so this is not a simple question of how often to move baskets because you would like to play certain layouts.  There are many baskets that can only be played during the weekly.  This means many baskets are moved on Saturday and moved back after the weekly on Sunday.  There are also certain baskets that should not be played on the weekend cause it slows play too much.

Baskets are at this point being moved according to this philosophy.  

http://www.sfdiscgolf.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=303
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Postby pepe » Wed May 16, 2007 1:56 pm

It doesn't matter much to me. I like the variety of shots. Mergs, what frustrates you? Do you feel like you need to dial in on a certain drive?
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby kylecrispin » Thu May 17, 2007 6:38 am

I think this will be less frustrating (for those who are frustrated) after we have a system to mark the pin positions.
Last edited by kylecrispin on Thu May 17, 2007 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
kylecrispin
Helluva Human

Postby hrc333 » Thu May 17, 2007 9:20 am

I guess I am confused?  I do not feel baskets are moving all that often.  With the exception of the weekly, the basket basically stay in the same position all week.  There are a few exceptions, especially these first few months.  We have been moving them as we notice erosion patterns and want to try and do something about certain pin placements.  The course has been in the ground 6 weeks.  I think it is very important the baskets move a lot these few months so we can keep up with monitor the impact of each pin location.  

That being said, I go back to my first statement, are the baskets really moving all that often?
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

well...

Postby caliban » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:11 pm

Part of the reason you've been seeing many/most baskets in the same positions it that one or more people who have keys move them back into those same positions every time they're moved somewhere else.  It's done to suit their game play as well as out of some kind of self-anointed enforcement of how the course "should be".

IMO access to basket keys should be <b>extremely</b> limited and if possible limited to only people who don't compete.  Even better would be an articulated plan for basket placement.  I'd like to see it done randomly and would be really happy to recruit someone to create some simple and configurable software to do so.
caliban
Forum Noob

Re: well...

Postby hrc333 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:25 pm

caliban wrote:Part of the reason you've been seeing many/most baskets in the same positions it that one or more people who have keys move them back into those same positions every time they're moved somewhere else.  It's done to suit their game play as well as out of some kind of self-anointed enforcement of how the course "should be".

The number of people who have keys is very limited.  I know everyone who as keys and I can guarantee that none of them are moving baskets to suit they're style of play.  Baskets are generally moved according to what area's of the course need a break from play.  There are numerous erosion issues on the course and basket rotation is one of the key elements to fight that erosion issue.
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

above

Postby caliban » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:10 pm

if this is the case - great!  this was NOT the case some months ago, during the summer.  perhaps that's changed, which is good.
caliban
Forum Noob

Re: POLL: Are the baskets are moved too frequently?

Postby linhely » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:54 pm

I do not feel baskets are moving all that often. With the exception of the weekly, the basket basically stay in the same position all week. There are a few exceptions, especially these first few months. We have been moving them as we notice erosion patterns and want to try and do something about certain pin placements. The course has been in the ground 6 weeks.
linhely
Forum Noob

Return to Reviews