bottlenecks?

Here is the place to leave feedback on the Golden Gate Park Disc Golf Course. Go ahead, tell us what you think.

bottlenecks?

Postby drewwstev » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:38 pm

I love the new course and especially the new back 9!

Just wondering:

Have there been problems with long waits at 15, 16 and 17?  It wasn't a problem when I played but it seemed like there may be problems (even with only moderate traffic) on those holes because you are throwing near other fairways.
drewwstev
Forum Noob

Postby pepe » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:35 pm

I've only experienced waits during sunny weekend days and there can be a wait on any hole on the course. This is why the club puts the baskets in the shorter positions generally during the weekends.
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby hrc333 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:21 am

This was always a concern when the course was being laid out.  Holes 15 & 16 were tweaked numerous times in the name of flow and speed of play.  So far I think it has worked out fairly well.  As pepe stated above, when it is busy there is a wait on every or any hole.  I have had more problems with waits on the front 9, but I think it is just busier.  The truth is, we had almost 80 people tee of in an hour a couple Sundays ago.  When you have that many people playing, there are going to be waits.
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Cutting in

Postby mofo313 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:50 am

The only real bottlenecks I've noticed are groups of 4-6 just cutting through and playing whatever hole they please without regard for those playing the holes in order.  It's an isolated few, apparently they're still working on course etiquette.
mofo313
(throws minis)

Re: Cutting in

Postby Q » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:02 pm

mofo313 wrote:The only real bottlenecks I've noticed are groups of 4-6 just cutting through and playing whatever hole they please without regard for those playing the holes in order.  It's an isolated few, apparently they're still working on course etiquette.

There is a crowd of golfers out there who feel a sense of entitlement, even though they put in the least amount of work on the course. According to one of their number, they do more for the sport by playing in tournaments all over NorCal than the people who put the course in.

Evidenced, of course, by their wonderful etiquette on the course, and their respect for all of the work that has gone into it. I'm thinking of getting buttons made, ala Slytherin vs. Harry Potter...

Still not sure how best to handle it. These guys are the lone cancerous tumor on what is otherwise a wonderful course. Feel free to tell 'em I said so.
Greg - Q -
Club Founder
"I went to play golf and tried to shoot my age, and shot my weight instead." - Bob Hope
Q
Decent Individual

Postby mofo313 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:22 am

Count me in for a button.
mofo313
(throws minis)

Re: Cutting in

Postby kylecrispin » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:02 am

Q wrote:
Still not sure how best to handle it.

Sounds like Quidditch is the only real viable conflict resolution tool we have at our disposal.  It would be great if everyone could read this article on "Muggle Quidditch" before Sundays meeting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muggle_Quidditch
kylecrispin
Helluva Human

Postby mofo313 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:25 pm

Great, I just got my broom back from the shop.  It would seem like we could incorporate discs into this somehow...

Marx Meadow @ Noon--first annual SFDGC Quidditch Match.

I almost forgot, -10pts to Slytherin for being jerks.
mofo313
(throws minis)

Re: bottlenecks?

Postby woshiniyeye » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:19 pm

I think it's so interesting. I'm kinda interested... maybe I'll re-read twilight.
woshiniyeye
Forum Noob

Return to Reviews