course walkthrough today

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

course walkthrough today

Postby Orion » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:14 pm

I was interested to see the state of the course after a week with out baskets and a huge music festival in the park that brought thousands of people through the course at all hours of the day and night.

All and all i was blown away how clean the course was, Mason and I picked up a small garbage bag full of trash that we saw along the way, mostly old looking stuff. We did see a few items that looked like they had been destroyed by people walking through. Items like the tree screen in the left fairway of #8. Looks like the net was taken and one of the poles broken. The sign post on #14 got hit by a truck or something and is now laying on the ground behind the tee pad. A pretty good size pine tree on 17 at the C position looks to have fallen down at ground level, could be just be the tree was dead.

That is what I saw, what did you all see out there.

Thanks to everyone that pitched in and removed the baskets and put them back in. I really think that it may have saved a few incidents out there.

Also a big ups and respect to everyone that is helping to keep our course clean and free of trash on a everyday basis. It looks great out there.

O
Orion
Nebula

Postby todd » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:53 am

The net to the left of 7's tee is also missing.
todd
NorCal Champ

reimbursement for damages

Postby crosstoby » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:05 pm

I think we should quickly assemble an estimate of cost for poles, screens, signs etc. that were damaged over the weekend and also for labor, then contact Outside Lands and see if we can get our expenses paid for. I know the are paying the SF Rec & Park for damages incurred.

If an estimate is prepared, I do not mind trying to find the right person and asking them to help out.

JT
crosstoby
President

Postby kimchi » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:24 pm

i think you are 100% spot on JT. it is absolutely the outside lands responsibility for covering the damage done to our course during THEIR weekend. there is no doubt it was the event's happening which caused the damage... and they should have all of these types of damages already figured into their costs. i'm guessing all we have to do is lay it out on paper and ask and they should without question respond with the moolah to cover it. it is completely in our right. it is completely their responsibility to pay for it.
kimchi
(throws minis)

Return to General Disc-ussion