vaca in san fran

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

vaca in san fran

Postby discgolfdoug » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:29 pm

hi
my name is doug and i am an active member in the minnesota disc gof community and a member of the mfa.
i am coming out to sf for a wedding next weekend and was wondering if anyone is playing a round early on friday morning??? this seems to be the only time i will have avaliable to get a round in and would like to have a local there to show me the way around.

thanks

Doug
discgolfdoug
Forum Noob

Postby discgolfdoug » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:28 pm

not even 1 reply..... guess i go at it alone
discgolfdoug
Forum Noob

Postby crosstoby » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:23 am

Friday mornings are tough for folks to commit to, I guess...but if you come out to the course I am sure you can find somebody to play a round with.  Warm up at the practice basket for a little while and you are likely to soon meet a fellow discer.  Weekday mornings are great because there is very little traffic on the course.  If you can rearrange your schedule you will find a whole bunch of us out there for the Weekly on Sunday mornings from 8:30 to 10AM.

JT
crosstoby
President

Postby dantarango » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:51 am

yeah what Jon said.  But also, a lot of disc ers dont check this website
dantarango
NorCal Champ

Postby hrc333 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:39 am

I am sure you will find someone.  (The course seems to always be busy.)

Sorry I can't commit to Friday morning but would have loved to show you around.
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Postby discgolfdoug » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:29 pm

i may be able to do sunday morning.... but im going to a wedding sat nite and will be most hungover :lol:

Doug
discgolfdoug
Forum Noob

Postby pepe » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:34 pm

Doug,
I think I'll be around tomorrow morn for some golf. drop me a line at pepebutter@yahoo.com
-Peter
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby discgolfdoug » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:29 pm

well after mapping it out (im staying at teh embassy suites by the airport) its about 19 miles or so to the course. i guess i will ahve to look at public transportation (busses or whatever) to get me there, im not sure if i will even have use of a car  :cry:  i would like to come out for league if at all possible, so now im not sure even about friday morning. thanks though for the offer.... il try to check this site from somewhere when i get out there. (flyin out tonight on the redeye)

hope to see u guys soon

Doug
discgolfdoug
Forum Noob

Postby dantarango » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:18 pm

dude take bart to the Powell station and stand on the north side of market and take the bus LINE #5 it goes straight to the park, get off at the 25th Ave. cross the street and walk into the park, and that is the basket for hole 10.  turn right and walk down the path, past the tee for 10 and 50 yards away, there you are at hole el numero uno (hole one). 10yards from the tee of el numero uno is a map of the course, or your can search ont his website, and the scorecard is easy to find, have the hotel print a copy of the map and card.  Good luck Doug
Lefty Love
dantarango
NorCal Champ

Return to General Disc-ussion