Bragging Rights Holes

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

Bragging Rights Holes

Postby mgoofy24 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:26 am

Thought this might be a fun topic.  I've got a few holes that I'm proud of, and I'm sure everyone else does too.  Let's post em here.  I'll start.

I've birdied 5C three out of the last four times I've played it in the C position and during the bag tag tourney at the start of the year, no putts longer than 8 feet (I love my DX wraiths and champ valks).

Now I would love to hear other people's bragging rights!

(I also wanna hear the tommahawk ace story on 7!  I've heard it second hand, want to hear the full story!)
mgoofy24
Decent Individual

Postby BNut » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:51 am

On monday on 13C I drove two feet from the basket. Took the line out around the big tree and came in back door with a star destroyer. That was one I was pretty proud of. In fact it was on the high side of the basket so it could have hit basket or pole if slightly higher.
BNut
(throws minis)

Postby mgoofy24 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:58 pm

BNut wrote:On monday on 13C I drove two feet from the basket. Took the line out around the big tree and came in back door with a star destroyer. That was one I was pretty proud of. In fact it was on the high side of the basket so it could have hit basket or pole if slightly higher.

Congrats!! I can't seem to find a line that will let me in there....
mgoofy24
Decent Individual

Postby zz » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:47 am

I based 1C last night shooting the tunnel line on the right with a flick. Defiantly a dubs shot.
zz
Helluva Human

Postby pepe » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:41 am

Yeah Nick that's nuts...

Last night Cribber, who was Cali, dropped his lefty forehand into the basket of 12C for a birdie...only moments after I put a hammer into the basket from about 80 feet out...giving us a doubles star frame on hole 12C.

Anyone else ever seen that?
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby zz » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:27 pm

I'm so glad you saw this....as I knew 12C was just a hard par3 and someone getting to the green off the tee confirms it.

Now that hole 24 from the safari...that was a par 4 for sure. Great round last night Peter and birdie on 12C!
zz
Helluva Human

Postby pepe » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:13 pm

zz wrote:I'm so glad you saw this....as I knew 12C was just a hard par3 and someone getting to the green off the tee confirms it.

Now that hole 24 from the safari...that was a par 4 for sure. Great round last night Peter and birdie on 12C!

Well crib didn't get to the green for the C pin...he was short of the B pin actually. He made a very nice 50 footer with a forehand.

Hole 12 C is the closest thing we have to a par 4 hole...and I'd agree that the long version of hole 23 from the safari is a genuine par 4. I like thinking of it that way...I par'd it three times then! :shock:
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby Tim » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:18 pm

I frequently birdie hole 2 at De La regardless of the basket position, it is a Tommahawker's dream come true, right over the trees while everyone else barely lands on the plateau.
Tim
(hasn't paid for 2010 yet)

Postby zz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:34 am

Try a 2 on I-5 at Dela. Magilla got it this year at master's cup with a thumber.
zz
Helluva Human

Return to General Disc-ussion