All my Ex's

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

All my Ex's

Postby pepe » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:54 am

live in Texas...

just got back from a nice 10 day trip to Costa Rica. On the way back, we (Cribber and I) had a 7 hour layover in Houston, but fortunately one of his buddies lives there. We got picked up and taken to the spring valley disc golf course which is one of those combo golf/DG things. 27 holes later I was 10 over (a late chunder kept me from being in the single digits) but I was impressed with this course as well as the concept of playing DG on a regular golf course. Not all the holes were on the course but several played right on it. There were several shots over 600' including one which was over 900' with water hazards.

fun stuff and I'm glad to be back!
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby niknelson » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:02 pm

nice!

maybe someday if SFDGC feels like it we could organize a road trip to the southwest for disc golf insanity......rent a motor home...bring a video camera....boom. awesomeness.
niknelson
Forum Noob

Postby Tim » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:41 pm

Wow, that's interesting, their site is a shared "Golf and disc golf club", club.

Just wouldn't want to play there in the summer heat and humidity.  I've been to Houston once and I've never been anywhere I hated more than that.  (but I didn't play disc golf there might be the reason).

Anyway, found that interesting.  :)  

I also find interesting their Paypal storefront (huklab), which seems to cater to multiple clubs.  Just can't seem to find privacy, purchase or shipping policies anywhere so far.  Try changing the node on this link:
http://www.huklab.com/d/node/39
to a "40", for example. :)
Tim
(hasn't paid for 2010 yet)

Return to General Disc-ussion