Maui Wowie! Come join George and Safari Disc Golf in...

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

maui safari golf TOURS! WTF

Postby mauibuilt0 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:09 pm

I must say I agree with Tims views on this guy George" Geo, Rasta Style, Safari whatever". I've been in Maui for 12 years and played disc here for many of those. We play on courses built or setup on private land. I cant speak for all the locals out here, but I can say I heard nothing but displeasure with his Safari tours. In fact most of us could do little more than laugh. Anyone can play disc golf on Maui, most of us would be happy to show you around, its what we call Aloha. I just dont feel people should have to pay some "egotistical wannabe Rasta" to show them around. Not only is this guy not from here, but he hasnt got a freakin clue. Quit trying to make a buck off everyone and the game we love. No one is impressed with your business plans or lack there of. Email me and I will show you around for free, I will even throw in a bunch of Aloha. Keep up the good work Tim, way to be honorable and not stoop to Geo "rastas" (lol) level. Mahalo Nui Loa,
                        Mauibuilt0
mauibuilt0
Forum Noob

Who is this Maui Guy?

Postby Rasta Style » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:51 pm

This character in Maui has NEVER been on one of tours.

For all I know he's one of the local loose cannons who wanted to be one of our Tribe Guides and was quickly dismissed or he's too cheap or broke to follow our guidelines, county and state requirements for independent tour operators.  

What's really funny is...

My phone number is posted on all of our various internet social network pages and and I'm only a call away.  Give me a call mauibuilt and let's chat.  Any idiot can flame a message board.

If you call Steve Welck he will tell you that he  (Steve that is) has offered to shuttle folks around on tours but is too busy and not available because he's working on his major projects.

Plus, Steve doesn't have a PUC for his van and hasn't done all the county and state paperwork as a independant operator to legally work with us like our other guides.  I genuinely like Steve and want to include him but we must conform to the law.  He's a great resource and we'll continue to utilize him in various areas.  Thanks again Steve!

Right now we've temporarily slowed things down and making sure we have everything in order for the state.  I'll keep you posted. Our goal is be running officially (no more renegade runs) in Maui and Oahu starting in April (another tourist high season).

I'm in Oahu right now doing some advance work, meeting with experienced eco-tour guides who know the land and we're adding a couple more folks to our sponsor relationship team.  Woo Hoo!!!

Warmest regards,

Geo Quinn
Just recreatin'!  It's a silly game with Frisbees... so lighten up and have fun Mon' :-)
Rasta Style
Decent Individual

Who is this Maui Guy?

Postby Rasta Style » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:51 pm

This character in Maui has NEVER been on one of tours.

For all I know he's one of the local loose cannons who wanted to be one of our Tribe Guides and was quickly dismissed or he's too cheap or broke to follow our guidelines, county and state requirements for independent tour operators.  

What's really funny is...

My phone number is posted on all of our various internet social network pages and and I'm only a call away.  Give me a call mauibuilt and let's chat.  Any idiot can flame a message board.

If you call Steve Welck he will tell you that he  (Steve that is) has offered to shuttle folks around on tours but is too busy and not available because he's working on his major projects.

Plus, Steve doesn't have a PUC for his van and hasn't done all the county and state paperwork as a independant operator to legally work with us like our other guides.  I genuinely like Steve and want to include him but we must conform to the law.  He's a great resource and we'll continue to utilize him in various areas.  Thanks again Steve!

Right now we've temporarily slowed things down and making sure we have everything in order for the state.  I'll keep you posted. Our goal is be running officially (no more renegade runs) in Maui and Oahu starting in April (another tourist high season).

I'm in Oahu right now doing some advance work, meeting with experienced eco-tour guides who know the land and we're adding a couple more folks to our sponsor relationship team.  Woo Hoo!!!

Warmest regards,

Geo Quinn
Just recreatin'!  It's a silly game with Frisbees... so lighten up and have fun Mon' :-)
Rasta Style
Decent Individual

Postby Tim » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:43 pm

Georgie, people come to message boards to read and write, not look for phone numbers and make long distance calls for people that themselves only wrote something down.  (does that make sense?)

Anyway, I find this all a "little" cheesy, still:
Where's that site due in 2/1 btw?
Tim
(hasn't paid for 2010 yet)

Postby mgoofy24 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:10 am

I'm liking the Trader Joe's Cheddar, but Mild? C'mon, its gotta be medium if not sharp  :wink:
mgoofy24
Decent Individual

Postby Tim » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:14 pm

I find Tillamook (sp) the best brand out there, just didn't have any and was obeying copyright laws by taking my own photo. :)  

Provolone for sandwiches, Kraft for grilled cheese though, and cheddar works in any make/model for me.
Tim

Postby mauibuilt0 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:07 am

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!! CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mauibuilt0
Forum Noob

Postby zz » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:04 am

Mmm Chocolate...

oh sorry....12.1.95 anyone?
zz
Helluva Human

Postby mgoofy24 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:24 pm

Tim wrote:I find Tillamook (sp) the best brand out there, just didn't have any and was obeying copyright laws by taking my own photo. :)  

Provolone for sandwiches, Kraft for grilled cheese though, and cheddar works in any make/model for me.

Hmm... Tillamook, too pricey for a poor student like me, but tasty when I get it!  The extra sharp NY Cheddar from Trader Joes is pretty good and cheap.

Provolone for sammies = yum!

For grilled cheese, I still like using cheddar, just grate it up and put it on the bread with some hot and sweet mustard, slab some butter on, and onto the cast iron skillet it goes!!
mgoofy24
Decent Individual

Postby Tim » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:52 pm

Yes, Phish is great!  :wink:
Tim

Previous

Return to General Disc-ussion