Maui Wowie! Come join George and Safari Disc Golf in...

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

Maui Wowie! Come join George and Safari Disc Golf in...

Postby Rasta Style » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:48 pm

Sending out a love message to all you guys!  

We now have a division of Safari Disc Golf in Maui and you're all invited to join us ASAP.  

It's 85 degrees and I'm in shorts, tee-shirt and flip flops.  Hows the weather in SF?  

We have two 15 passenger vans and playing rounds daily in all the best spots on the Island.  You gotta see it to believe it!

So, come on gang, get some cheaptickets.com, and let's play in the warm and breezy sunshine Maui style.
Aloha!  - Geo

p.s. have DANGER Dave and The Amazing Brian Lee give me a call at 808-269-5475 or 831-531-4769 because it's time to get a division up and running in SF. - Geo (The Renegade Rasta) Quinn
Just recreatin'!  It's a silly game with Frisbees... so lighten up and have fun Mon' :-)
Rasta Style
Decent Individual

Postby Tim » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:46 pm

Hawaii sounds nice and hope things go well for you.

I'm personally surprised there's much of a market for disc golf tours to require 30 passengers-worth per day, everyday.  To each his own but I kinda like the whole disc golf is generally free thing unles you want to help out with donations.  

Touche on the challenge for SEO keywords such as "disc golf safari" or "San Francisco Safari"! :0
Tim
(hasn't paid for 2010 yet)

Postby crosstoby » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:58 pm

Hi George--

We were just talkin about you today, wondering where you were at...that would be me, Dan Tarango, Niko D. and Dino.  Glad to hear your happy and huckin plastic in Maui....I wanna do that.

The course got blown about a bit a week ago Friday...it's looking a little shaggy now, but even since then there have been lots of helpers out there tidying up and laying own the chips.  Les was cleaning up the tee pad area on 2 this morning, taking to the fallen trees and branches with the chain saw.  All's well--we keep throwing---

Take care--

Jon T.
crosstoby
President

Hey Tim, There will always be FREE Disc Golf...

Postby Rasta Style » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:29 pm

Just not as nice, fresh and amazingly beautiful as playing on Safari Disc Golf Temp Courses!  

Not to mention no worries of DUI's and other potentially nasty complications such as beating the course to crap (if you know what I mean).

FYI - SF and surrounding areas are perfect for this model and I'm happy to work with any highly motivated people and make it happen!  

As a matter of fact I already have several portable baskets in Danger Daves possession ready to get things started.  Who's game? - Geo
Just recreatin'!  It's a silly game with Frisbees... so lighten up and have fun Mon' :-)
Rasta Style
Decent Individual

Jon Toby, You're the man!

Postby Rasta Style » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:33 pm

What's happening my brotha from anotha motha?  

Come on out to Maui and bring the Fam.  It's 87 degrees today and breezy.  You would love  the rainforest course in Hanalou and Witt's end private beach course is pretty awe inspiring too!

Have Brian Lee and Danger Dave give me a call ASAP.  Thanks!

One Love,  Geo
Rasta Style
Decent Individual

Answers to Tims mysteriously deleted questions...

Postby Rasta Style » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:01 pm

Here are answers to Tims almost rude line of questions...

Yes, our guides are now making an investment because they are independent operators and must have training in CPR/First Aid, hospitality and tour leading and they also make a monthly commitment monthly to cover advertising and marketing costs too.  We're going huge this year!  Be sure to look for ads in many DG publications and on industry websites too!

This successful business model was shared from leaders in the tour and vacation industry who like what we're doing and support our vision.   We've adopted it because it attracts those who are motivated to enjoy an opportunity and not a job.

Last year I gave a few folks the responsibility of leading tours in Big Sur so I could invest time in SF and develop a network of healing arts professionals.  And, these people that I put faith into to run the tours really messed things up.  We even had one person abandon their group on the second day.  That was an expensive lesson!  

NOW Training, Checks and Balances, and making an investment as an independent operator eliminates the problems encountered last year.

Tim if your memory is so good then you'll also remember that I left SF to my begin my tour season too and yes I did pop in and out of town and was hosted by my friends in the healing arts community and not one club member stepped up either.

We are returning to SF in the Spring to kick off the 420 California Mystery Tour in April 2008.  A fun filled 21 day CrAzy HaZy ride by Luxury Coach playing the best courses in central and northern CA.   We're also enjoying concerts, festivals, breweries, wineries, camping and much, much more...  Want to Join us?

Here's a newsflash for you Tim...

There are many Disc golf safaris around the country (most are once a year tourneys) and yours is just one of them.  People like the name and we decided to use it because it just makes sense. Am I correct in believing that yours is the San Francisco Safari and it's not the first time the word safari was ever used in human communication?

And, yes Tim it does seem as if you're hating and a little petty too. But, that's just my take on the tone of your response and I could be wrong.

Tim, with regards to donating to the club.  One, its January what?  Two, When you get the McClaren Course in the actual works we will.  The disc is in your hands now. Three, That's not how you ask for a donation dude.

Tim, Your opinion about temp course is yours and it's not for me to try to change it.  Please put another permanent course in the ground in SF soon  because the one in Golden Gate is already getting beat and it needs some relief.  That's the price of high population center though.  

I support all disc golf courses; permanent, temporary and object too but that's just me and hundreds of thousands of others (possibly millions) around the world.

FYI - on seeing it to believe it.  First get your numbers right Tim.  Our vans hold 15 passengers and we comfortably serve 12 people with room for bags, baskets and a guide too.

We'll have some photos for you and many others too soon.  So keep checking when our website gos live finally.  

With regards to our web presence...

It's been a pain in the *( | )* getting the website up because I'm not a techie like you Tim.  As a matter of fact I'm a somewhere short of the middle and barely competent with emails.  I'm kind of challenged that way and have already spent thousands of dollars paying so called internet experts with absolutely no results yet.  

Tim, Are you open to the idea of receiving tours, cruises and a percentage of bookings for stepping us as our webmaster and being part of the solution??  If you are give me a call at 831-531-4769 or skype me at geo.quinn.  

I like doers, achievers and people who share a vision and work together making things happen with no small minded political posturing.

Tim, Thanks for all your input.  You're inspiring!

Geo

"For lack of vision my people perish."
Rasta Style
Decent Individual

Postby Tim » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:22 pm

Anyway, you do say 2x15 person vans, that's 30.

Good luck, I dont see a market for it personally.  Some things you have to prove before people want to give you their money. (actually most things are that way).   Hell no I won't invest anything if you don't have a website, pictures, the correct # of vans that you own, nor any willingness to take responsibility for your endeavor by hiring employees instead of having people pay you  for training and investing in what is apparently currently invisibile.
Tim

Oh well, your loss dude...

Postby Rasta Style » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:04 am

Thanks Tim for letting everyone know just what a short sighted limited thinker you are.  

Anyway, we now a web designer and master in CO. and he's a disc golfer and also shares our vision.   (You snooze, You lose.) He's already working and loves the idea of receiving complimentary tours, cruises and a sweet percentage of online sales.  John, says our site will be up by Feb 1, 2008. I 'll keep everyone posted.  Yahoo!! for positive people who love to work together!

Tim, I'm done with communicating with you because you're negative and that's a waste of my time but, I love you anyway because you're a disc golfer and people like you need more love.

"Lord, I gotta keep on moving..." Bob Marley

Speaking of people I think about often...

How's Patrick Brown?  Someone hit'em up with this message...

Patrick, Dude I say good things about you all the time and miss playing rounds with you.  You might be misunderstood but, you're cool with me and always welcome to join our adventures.  As a matter of fact I'm thinking about sponsoring you on 420 Cali Mystery Tour because you love to road trip and it's my turn to take you somewhere.  Hit me up!  

One more thing Patrick...I'm smokin' Da' Kine right now and dis hits for you my brada!

One love,

Geo
Rasta Style
Decent Individual

Postby Tim » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:47 pm

If you'd never tried to sell me and my friends on what you admit had the bottom fall out, I would have no bad feelings for ya.  But you're gonna need another advertising source than this forum because I'm going to continue to point out the cheese until you can prove your offerings.  No faith over here in strangers with candy.
Tim

Tim get some medication and a life...

Postby Rasta Style » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:07 pm

enough said dude.  You're done in our world.  

Those who do, Great!  Those who don't NEXT!  So take your sour grapes and go eat them in the corner please.

Anyone got something positive to say because this guy is seriously on the down swing.  

Tim, please move on because if you're wearing on my nerve then it's probably true most folks in the SF club can't stand you. I feel sorry for you.

T I M M Y...you might want to try some Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine or get a massage a couple times a week. These humble suggestions work wonders for people with serious depressive and mood disorders. If your energy is truly bad try some Chi Gong too.   I can get you some phone numbers of reliable professionals in the City if you wish.

One love,

Geo

p.s. If I do any more counseling for you tiny tim I'm going to have to charge you by the hour.
Rasta Style
Decent Individual

Postby Tim » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:34 pm

I think the club likes people who give them money.  I'm not here to kiss *( | )* on anyone, I volunteer time and money to the club, in much greater amounts than I actually use the course.  If you don't like me so be it, I probably don't like you either. :)  And yes, there are some people in the club that I don't like very much (you being the epitome, if you were in the club) but I just donate stuff because I'm happy there's a course there and I pay for my usage in several ways, unlike you, at least this year so far.  Yet you use us to advertise your "business".

But of course, you got your enemies too bro, and look at all that stepped up to couch you when you were in need.

Wanna see my work in action?  Donate online today!  Er, post another message on teh forum I setup.

Tiny Timmy is much taller and weighs much more than Curious Georgie, who probably doesn't know the definition of "renegade".  Look it up chump.  Go to Jamaica with your rasta *( | )* and grow up about the weed, we all like it, but we don't have to flaunt it like an 18 year old (actually I think I stopped that about 16).  

I'll keep an eye out for your IPO.  Haha.  There's nothing you got I'd pay for, as I've already suggested.  And while I'm not in marketing, I think I know there isn't a market for disc golf tours on temporary courses.

Hope you keep it legit cause now I gotta reason to watch for that kind of thing out of you, and have for a while now.  What's your tax ID just so I can look it up and find out if you're legit?  That's a very reasonable request.  post it.  Or did that fall through too?  I don't see you in the searches I've done so far.  Be careful buddy, your bad karma will get the best of you.
Tim

No More time for Tim...

Postby Rasta Style » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:56 pm

T I M M Y...

go blow smoke up someone elses *( | )*.  I'm done with you.  How are those sour grapes tasting little guy?

Here's a parting thought for little timmy and a quick check and balance too...

I'm in Maui making my dream happen and timmy you're in SF flaming in a chat room.  

See you guys in April or come visit me sooner.  Maui is warm, wonderful and in my opinion paradise!

Give me a call 831-531-4769 if you want visit Maui and play or you want to reserve a seat on the 420 California Mystery Tour.  We only have 22 seats remaining on the Mystery tour so don't wait too long.

Warmest regards,

Geo
Rasta Style
Decent Individual

Postby Tim » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:56 pm

good luck napolean.
Tim

Re: Maui Wowie! Come join George and Safari Disc Golf in...

Postby zz » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:01 pm

George,

Good luck with your endeavors.  I hope you learn what Aloha is all about when your over there.
zz
Helluva Human

And NOW ladies and gentlemen...

Postby Rasta Style » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:21 pm

we're pleased to announce that Steve Welck the Hawaii PDGA State Representative is now being of service with Safari Disc Golf Eco-Adventures.

Maui Eco-Adventures and the Kanapali Adventure Center are ready to  work with us as well.

Looks like more leaders, doers and achievers are seeing the vision and working together and making great things happen.

Who's down for playing eco-adventure style disc golf, doing a zip line and swimming in a crystal blue pool all in the same day?

Come on out to Maui and play in Paradise!

FYI - Aloha embodies what we live and breathe.  That's why the people of Hawaii are feeling us and working with us for long term success!

Aloha,

Geo
Rasta Style
Decent Individual

Next

Return to General Disc-ussion