You are responsible

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

You are responsible

Postby pepe » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:22 am

when pedestrians are on the course, like at hole 14 on the bridle path, to wait until they pass to drive. Yesterday, someone almost got hit, and I let the group know that they need to wait, since it's incidents like these that could really do our golf course harm.

The response was, "it wasn't me man, it was him"

to which I replied, "it doesn't matter. tell your friend to wait. it's your responsibility"

We have worked way to hard on this course to not be responsible. I know people are having a good time out there, but common sense shouldn't be abandoned.
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby geo » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm

I fully agree!! Couple of weeks ago I saw a kid in a stroller almost get hit on the same hole. Luckily the parents were cool but that's not always the case. I said something to the golfer and he reacted much the same as what you said. We also need to be VERY aware of hole 15 where many people almost get hit walking after they t'd off on 16. A loud 4 is in order! Jonah narrowly missed being sent to the hospital because a golfer couldn't put out the effort to yell 4. Those are overlapping fairways and everybody needs to be aware.
geo
Decent Individual

Return to General Disc-ussion