2008 PDGA memberships through SFDGC?

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

2008 PDGA memberships through SFDGC?

Postby zz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:40 am

Hello,

Its about time to renew our PDGA memberships and I was wondering if the club will be bundling new/renewal apps together and getting a small club discount?  I'm not clear on the correct name of this program, just thought I'd check and see if I can save 5 bucks.  

thanks!
zz
Helluva Human

Postby Tim » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:26 pm

My Opinions:

What does the club get from PDGA in exchange for selling their memberships for them?  

I'd say if the answer is "nothing really", then my vote is "no" because then we're just paying for PDGA to get more members which sounds dumb to me.  I mean, they have more resources for getting resources, right?  And it's not a decision a local club should get involved in.  We should all be for the PDGA but not paying for it twice.

I know they're not hole sponsors or anything and we are already paying them if we already are becoming PDGA members.  

How about "Join us AND De La and you get $5 off". They are hole sponsors, after all, and I play there a lot too.

If anything, they should be selling our memberships with theirs seems like a better model.   "choose your local club to sponsor from the menu below".
Tim
(hasn't paid for 2010 yet)

Postby zz » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:16 am

The club would offer the PDGA membership at a $5 discount with the $5 coming off from the PDGA's costs.  This is a perk for the SFDGC being in good standing with the PDGA, which I know we are this year.

It doesn't get the club anything but happy club members.  You don't pay your PDGA membership twice, but once.
zz
Helluva Human

Postby Tim » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:47 pm

I read that wrong in that they were getting a "club discount" meaning our club in which case I would have a different opinion.
Tim
(hasn't paid for 2010 yet)

Return to General Disc-ussion