Anyone know where the new North Lake Tahoe course is located

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

Anyone know where the new North Lake Tahoe course is located

Postby Tim » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:39 pm

I had rec'd an email about a tournament in late October, but will be in Tahoe this week.  Does anyone happen to know WHERE the course is?  I can't seem to find the info on their website.  I emailed those contacts there but if anyone here knows where it is, please enlighten me.  I would like to try it out while I'm up there.  Thanks.
Tim
(hasn't paid for 2010 yet)

Postby pepe » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:28 pm

Tim, I checked the trusty PDGA listing: http://pdga.org/course/courses_by_city.php?id=2633

directions are on there...
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby Tim » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:51 pm

Thanks, I found it.  Pretty fun course, unfotunately they were doing a bunch of construction on a soccer field the day i went so lots of dust and tractor noise, and I had to park a ways back from where you would normally park.  

Interesting to me how various local authorities see various course ammenities in different light.  We can have cement tee pads, they can't in Tahoe.  They can have picnic tables, bathrooms, benches, signs nailed to trees, and no tree protection whatsoever.  

Here's a few pics:
Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:24 pm

By the way, very easy to get there from South Lake Tahoe, but you gotta think east side of the lake to get there.  The directions are a little confusing if you tried to go up 89 on the west side.  Anyway, from Zephyr Cove to this course is only about 40 minutes driving if you take the east side of the lake.

Take 50 east to 28 north (toward incline village).  After 267 junction, go one more stoplight to National Drive and turn right.  Then left into the park, you gotta pay $3 right now and it's a metal ranger station with no humans so bring change.

By the way, I met a few of the club officials in the Tahoe disc golf club at Bijou course and they had great things to say about "Les and Anne", I had to agree with them.   They had visited our course and loved all the wood construction.  I told them thanks for their hole sponsorship too.

Les, i think his name was Russ, he says Hi.  (I think he's their club president whoever it was, I might have the name wrong).
Tim

Return to General Disc-ussion