Fixed the blog for various browsers, I think

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

Fixed the blog for various browsers, I think

Postby Tim » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:28 pm

Should you care, I've fixed the blog so it better matches the rest of the site now.  When you're within the blog, the right panel has a different set of features, when you're outside the blog, the right panel has articles leading you into the blog.  My first try had IE6 users hating me.  Note I've only tested this in new and old IEs, and Firefox...on windows.  You'd have to have a real small screen size for this to not work right.

We disabled comments on the blog a while back because:
1) Too much spam makes it a daily "chore" that is no fun.
2) People were posting urgent things as a comment there, and club administrators were not really checking this daily as would be required.  (for example Safari registration requests).  Let's face it, if you post an article there, how often are you going to go back and look at your article???  The blog comments don't email to anyone.
3) We have a forum that you should use if you want to contribute your comments.  

We use a blog at all, because:
1) Not all people that want to add articles know HTML and whatnot.  (and seemingly not all people that have a blog login feel like posting articles at all).
2) It IS quicker to add an article than coding it in HTML, and simplifies using images, etc.

If you have any problems with it just post it on the forum but I think it should be fine in all broswers/platforms now, and at least we're not using a generic template that came with Wordpress.  Should you want the abilty to post blog articles, get in touch with Jeffery Bowling who is primarily administering it.

Thanks for your time.
Tim
(hasn't paid for 2010 yet)

Postby kylecrispin » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:37 am

Good work!  The blog section finally works for me.  Thank for your continued efforts.
kylecrispin
Helluva Human

Postby hrc333 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:18 am

Thanks for getting this fixed Tim.  Looks good on my end, but it always looked good on my end  :lol:
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Return to General Disc-ussion