The Forum's Avatars work better now

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

The Forum's Avatars work better now

Postby zen » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:20 pm

Hi,
see the "pizza *( | )*" picture to my left?  It's called an "Avatar" and it was done via a linked image method (I uploaded to image folder manually and then referenced the path: http://www.sfdiscgolf.org/Images/pizzaass.png .  

Until today, the other methods did not work.  (click "PROFILE" at the top and then scroll toward the bottom for the avatar section).  

It has been fixed.  You can now upload images, paying close attention to the image dimensions and max file size.  We're not allowing you to use much of our space for right now, so make 'em small jpegs or gifs or png files.  If that's a big problem then you can send a private message or reply here and maybe we'll relax it a bit.  

I personally find Fireworks by Macromedia is the best for making images on a website small and nice looking for .jpg, .gif, or .png files.  i believe this thing will allow for animated gif files too.  Too bad you can't do a flash avatar! :)

Thanks B.
zen
All Time Greatest, Ever

Postby kylecrispin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:36 am

Survey Says...
kylecrispin
Helluva Human

Return to General Disc-ussion