from milwaukee...

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

from milwaukee...

Postby ishb83 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:57 pm

I know im not from san francisco, or even CA for that matter but I joined this site in order to ask probably the most knowledgeable people in the area about disc golf some quick questions...

I will be in the area next week and I am hoping to play a round before i hit up some baseball games there...

The park is called the golden gate park so i just wanted to make sure it is close to the golden gate bridge because that is where i will be staying...is this true, if not how far of a drive is it.

Also under directions it is labeled as closed but else where on the site it says it is open... Am i right to assume it is open?

please help me out, id love to see a great course in your state if i have the opportunity to do so...

thanks alot
brian
ishb83
Forum Noob

The course is open

Postby Buzzz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:26 am

I would google a map to make it easier to find. From the bridge take hwy 1 south to MLK Jr.  Here is a link showing the meadow names. http://www.parks.sfgov.org/site/recpark ... p?id=25945

Hole one begins in Marx Meadow which is across from speedway meadows.

Enjoy!  :lol:

Buzzz
Buzzz
Forum Noob

Postby boston93430 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:28 am

Hey Brian,
Where are you staying?  Golden Gate Park is bigger than Central Park, and it is a decent distance from Golden Gate Bridge.  Are you going to have a car?  Or will you be taking public transportation?  Let me know and myself or about 40 other people on this site will give you the proper directions to get there.
drive for show, putt for dough....

"You can play as well as you can imagine.  Believe it then see it."
boston93430
Helluva Human

Postby Tim » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:09 pm

The site's directions page has been somehwat updated and no longer states that the course is closed.  I also added a quickie link to a Google Map of the location, you can scroll around or zoom to see how far it is from GG Bridge.

(Keep looking north and east along "101" until it touches blue stuff)

Someday soon we'll spend more time updating this page.  thanks.  have fun it's a great course.
Tim
(hasn't paid for 2010 yet)

Postby ishb83 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:25 pm

Here is where we are staying on Sunday night...

160 Shoreline Highway in Mill Valley-Sausalito..If I am able to get there and play around within a few hours id love too because we are hitting up a baseball game this night... thanks for the replies
ishb83
Forum Noob

Return to General Disc-ussion