Trash

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

Trash

Postby pepe » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:38 pm

More and more seems to be piling up around the course. We chatted for a bit at yesterday's meeting, but for those who missed it or to those of you who are new to the course, please be kind enough to pack your trash out of the disc golf course. There's nothing wrong with having a few beers while you play a round. But for the consideration of others who want to enjoy the naturalistic setting of the park, please make sure your bottles, cans, bags, and whatever other refuse you brought in makes its way to one of the many existing trash cans nearby. They can be found in Marx Meadow by hole 1 (perfect after the front nine), and by the picnic tables at the far end of the meadow near hole 11 and 16.

Thanks!
pepe
NorCal Champ

Have you ever wondered??

Postby Rasta Style » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:12 am

Have you ever wondered that a little open handed communication (suggestions & compliments) deliver better results than close handed (threats and complaining)?

Steady Ed the "Father of Disc Golf" had one of the best sayings ever regarding litter...

"If you see trash, pick it up. Thanks!"

Maybe we could post a few signs with his quote and photo around the course?

Maybe we can make it a point to repeat it as often as possible to everyone we see on the course?

Perhaps we can share with others how easy it is to clean as we go instead of leaving stray bottles around? I'm sure it's just an oversight, right?

Here's another kind way to make a good point about litter...

Please leave your course cleaner than you found it. Thanks!

I applaud and commend every keeper of the land!  You're all Heros!  Keep up the great work!

Warmest regards,

Geo Quinn[/i]
Rasta Style
Decent Individual

Return to General Disc-ussion