Best Round With a Babe In Tow

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

Best Round With a Babe In Tow

Postby Q » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:59 pm

So I took Ryder (my 20-month old son) out to the course to see if he'd tolerate shooting a full round with me this afternoon. He'd play around on the tee pad long enough to drive, but wouldn't give me much time to set him down and putt or approach.

Managed to shoot a -2 (bogeyed 17 with a flipped sidewinder that almost took out the group on the tee for 18 ) and missed a ton of makable birdie putts.

Other than Pepe's rounds with Soren, anyone else hauling their young 'uns  out there?
Greg - Q -
Club Founder
"I went to play golf and tried to shoot my age, and shot my weight instead." - Bob Hope
Q
Decent Individual

Re: Best Round With a Babe In Tow

Postby hrc333 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:49 pm

Q wrote:Other than Pepe's rounds with Soren, anyone else hauling their young 'uns  out there?

Get me and Peter confused? :?
hrc333
SFDGC Club Hero

Postby gkolcun » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:24 am

Gonna try and come out with my 2 week old next week.  A lofty goal, but he loves the stroller so I might as well try.  Probably have the wife join me for the test run.  I'd be psyched to get 9 in, but we'll see how he does.  Not sure how the stroller is gonna work out on the course either.
gkolcun
(throws minis)

Re: Best Round With a Babe In Tow

Postby Q » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:37 am

hrc333 wrote:
Get me and Peter confused? :?

Peter hasn't been telling you about he and Soren's little "walks"?

hrmm...sorry I brought it up in such a public space...
Greg - Q -
Club Founder
"I went to play golf and tried to shoot my age, and shot my weight instead." - Bob Hope
Q
Decent Individual

Postby Q » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:42 am

gkolcun wrote:Not sure how the stroller is gonna work out on the course either.

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! It should be nice just to get the whole family out for a walk in the park, sounds like your expectations are realistic. I didn't think we'd get in more than three holes yesterday, and was prepared to have to bolt through the whole 18.

The stroller will do fine on the front nine, but be more challenged on the back. I played a round with Orion and his infant son, Mason. They have one of them fancy Bugaboo strollers with all-terrain wheels, and we still had to carry it in a couple of places on the back nine. I just carried Ryder yesterday, and set him down on each tee/approach/putt. He wouldn't spend a whole round in a stroller.

We should get some sort of "Screaming Baby" round together out there. Maybe a monthly...
Greg - Q -
Club Founder
Q
Decent Individual

Return to General Disc-ussion