Squaw Valley Disc Golf

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

Squaw Valley Disc Golf

Postby pepe » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:15 pm

Burnham and I played up there yesterday. The course is SICK. Black diamond disc golf: physically challenging. 8200' elevation through raw forested slopes, granite boulders. Not for the faint of heart. $24 to get up to high camp but well worth it. Par 58.
pepe
NorCal Champ

Re: Squaw Valley Disc Golf

Postby Billym » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:43 pm

I saw this course was added in July. Great to hear it is a great addition to the NorCal DG scene! Guess you need to make a full day of it (pool etc) since you pay $24 for the ride up the mountain. Imagine if every Tahoe ski resort had a DG course!
Thanks for the update.
Billym
Decent Individual

Re: Squaw Valley Disc Golf

Postby pepe » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:13 am

You'll be making a full day of it regardless, since it will take you at least a few hours to play. The mountain recently cut back its tram service so that the last car leaves high camp at 5pm (they had been pushing it to 9pm). After that, you'd need to walk down the mountain which takes about an hour. The first tram up leaves at 10:45 am, so it is unlikely that you'd get two rounds in at this point.

Regardless, I'd wait until next year, after they pour the concrete tees and get the full course signage up.
pepe
NorCal Champ

Return to General Disc-ussion