best courses near sacramento

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

best courses near sacramento

Postby hbrowning » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:42 am

I'll be in Sacramento for a friend's wedding this weekend and will have time for one or two rounds Sunday. I should have access to a car and would be willing to travel up to an hour or so. I was wondering what are the "don't miss" courses in the area. I'm from Birmingham, AL and have been playing since the mid 90's, so no 'pitch and putt' suggestions, please.

While I do like the challenge of wooded courses, I would rather play somewhere with some scenery and distance to it. I got a decent idea from the various websites, but have been burned before playing on vacation (construction, missing baskets, removed courses, etc.)

I appreciate any responses and will have my laptop with me to check throughout the weekend. If there is a toss or random doubles gathering that would be great. Or if anyone wouldn't mind adding an extra 'out of towner' to their weekend group.

Thanks,

Hanan Browning
hbrowning
Forum Noob

Postby ross » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:32 am

I'd recommend a quick trip up to the foothills where you can play Auburn, Grass Valley and Penn Valley in a day (Grass Valley and Penn Valley are about 15 minutes away from each other). Have fun.
ross
SFDGC Club Hero

Return to General Disc-ussion