Places To Buy Discs Around The Bay Area

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

Places To Buy Discs Around The Bay Area

Postby souljacker8888 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:53 am

Well, I think this forum could use a general topics section for the discussion of all the random things that may come up. A place to Get and Share general info and maybe just shoot the breeze....what do you all think?

This request may not go here, but I tried to choose the thread that seems to be the most active.

I'm wondering where are some places around the area to purchase discs and accessories? There are lots of online places, but I find it more enjoyable to thumb through a physical selection. Nothing like snatching up the perfect disc!!!

I'm hoping to find some info on a shop with some cool speciality discs (design wise) as well as the regular lines.

Thanks!!!

-Stu
souljacker8888
Forum Noob

Postby zen » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:55 pm

The brick and mortar shop that I use for discs is in Pleasant Hill called "play it again sports". I think the whole chain sells discs in California.

Also, the club sells cool designs but there's nothing going on right now in Golden Gate to where someone would be there selling them. You might try contacting Rob Byers for some custom designs.

Or this:
http://www.sfdiscgolf.net/contact.html

I know there's a neat shop near De LaVeaga (sp) also and I think the kiosk at the Napa course sells them.
zen
All Time Greatest, Ever

Postby brian » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:32 am

It's a good question for beginners in the Bay Area.  Can you recommend places in San Francisco?  REI sells a package for mid-$20s, but would prefer something cheaper.  

Thanks for the course!  Always fun...
brian
Forum Noob

Postby kylecrispin » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:39 am

There is a place at Fulton and 7th (+/-) that rents rollerskates.  I have never been inside bt they have a sign advertising Golf Discs.  I have heard a few other people on the course mention it as the closest place that sells discs.  

Has anyone actually been in?

What is the selection like?
kylecrispin
Helluva Human

Good selection in berkeley

Postby Loren420 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:22 pm

Games of Berkeley on shattuck has a pretty decent selection of disc's and even has some bags and such...just take bart to downtown berkeley and get off at downtown center, and its across the street from the exit...
Loren420
Forum Noob

blah...

Postby boston93430 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:42 pm

The club is usually selling plastic on Sunday mornings.  If you contact Jeffrey through this forum by clicking memberlist and PM on his name HRC33 I've actually seen him show up just to sell plastic to one person on a random day.  Anything you buy from the club goes to the club instead of buying from a chain, you could be throwing money in for that practice basket sleeve (sorry Jeffrey had to throw it in).  Support the club!
drive for show, putt for dough....

"You can play as well as you can imagine.  Believe it then see it."
boston93430
Helluva Human

The Bike & Skate Place on Fulton & 7th...

Postby Rasta Style » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:26 pm

Howdy Gang,

Stop by and check the little bike and skate rental place on Fulton.

Disc selection is OK and getting better all the time.  

Right now you can find a limited selection of club stamped discs.

NOTICE:

Some "special goodies" are coming in on Fri Jun 8th or Sat Jun 9th and it's gonna be one my stops bright and early to pick and choose my favs.

Geo
Just recreatin'!  It's a silly game with Frisbees... so lighten up and have fun Mon' :-)
Rasta Style
Decent Individual

Postby pourspellar » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:44 am

Not exactly Bay Area but Final 9 Sports is a great pro shop on a championship course (Shady Oaks) in Orangevale, just past Sacramento. All they sell is disc golf stuff, thousands of disc, bags, etc. Gates open at 7, shop opens at 9ish, Saturday doubles starts at 10.  
WWW.final9sports.com
pourspellar
Forum Noob

Return to General Disc-ussion