Plans for New Oakland/East Bay Course?

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

Plans for New Oakland/East Bay Course?

Postby jhorner » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:20 pm

Anyone out there know of any efforts to get a new course up and going in the East Bay? Oakland would be great. IS EBRPD amenable? I'm new to this, so any info would be helpful.
jhorner
Forum Noob

Re: Plans for New Oakland/East Bay Course?

Postby pepe » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:09 am

jhorner: welcome to the SFDGC board. I think many have tried over the years to get EBRPD or EBMUD into disc golf. They have some amazing lands that would be perfect for DG. unfortunately, all efforts have apparently failed. As someone who is working on getting a new course in on the peninsula, I would recommend picking a site first, then try to convince the proper authority that DG is a good thing for them. Be persistent.

Epic course locations are out there. Wildcat canyon, briones, tilden, knowland park...just some of the options!u
pepe
NorCal Champ

Postby ben » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 am

I did some scouting out at Point Pinole Regional Shoreline (http://www.ebparks.org/parks/pt_pinole) a few weeks back... I think it would be a realistic point of entry for a first disc golf course in the EBRPD. Underused, lots of land, parking lot and basic facilities already in place. PM me if you want more info, I think there's one part of the park that would work best for a course. I'd also be happy to assist with any efforts moving forward, but I can't take the lead at this point in time.
ben
Decent Individual

Postby Billym » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Tilden could have some possibilities but who knows if we can get EBRPD on line. There are several folks who have experience with courses in the area looking around.
We could definitely use more courses in Berkeley/Oakland.
I drove down 680 today past Sunol and my mind went crazy; I could barely look at the road. There is a lot of space out there.
I am sure each potential course takes a ton of effort. Right now we need to focus on the new courses in SF and San Mateo Country; only so many hands.
Billym
Decent Individual

Return to General Disc-ussion